Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forced Performance Turbo Reliability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
It's hilarious to me that you are asking if I have anything better to do, when you are in a thread for absolutely no reason. I'm here to find out some INFORMATION.

If FP was so kind, they'd simply post the sales versus failure ratio of each model. Absent that I'm just trying to get some friggen FEEDBACK ON A PRODUCT which the last time I checked this forum was for you nagging whiners.

And who else does this??? Theres plenty of feedback on FP and their turbo's....you know that. You aren't here to gain some information....you are just trying to instigate something once again.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I promise you I am not. The thing is, people generally only post about successes not failures. So I am try to instigate something yes you are right. I'm trying to instigate information!
Old Nov 11, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

well i'm not here to stir crap.
these very BB's are where we find out where to buy these products.
where do you suggest we go to find out issues with them the local news agent?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dbsears
And who else does this??? Theres plenty of feedback on FP and their turbo's....you know that. You aren't here to gain some information....you are just trying to instigate something once again.
hows this thread not fair...people post up how long their clutches last what is the difference in seeing the reliability of a turbo?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

i have an FP White Rabbit, its for more or less a Green designed for the VIII before the 9 had come out, i bought it used with 5k on it and i have put another 10k on it and she still spools fast and produces better transient response then my stocker along with putting me ahead of guys with greens (friends of mine) FP in my opinion is a great company and i have had not 1 issue with this turbo to date
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor

News Flash: More then 3 Garrett turbos and more then 3 MHI turbos have failed before.

Avoid at all costs
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inneedof
News Flash: More then 3 Garrett turbos and more then 3 MHI turbos have failed before.

Avoid at all costs
everyone knows garrett and mhi have bad reliability
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Seriously before you guys spit out all your funny comments, try not to underestimate my intelligence. If only a few people chime in with failures I'm pretty sure any person past pre-school can figure out that is a good sign.

All I can say is "DUH" and moderators please remove all this crap.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

you know i was joking btw
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
crcain, you've got a well deserved reputation for stirring up controversy for no reason in many of your previous posts. This thread continues down the same road.

You've already admitted that you don't blame FP for the failure of your 35R HTA, so its apparent that your starting this thread had nothing to do with helping your level of "comfort".

Your HTA has a Garrett CHRA, and the bearings are not modified by FP, only the compressor wheel changed out. So, if there was a CHRA failure, it would have nothing to do with FP's workmanship anyway. Again, no information about "comfort" could be provided.

Greens are journal bearing turbos, not a ball bearing CHRA like your 35R. Again, no useful information, because its apples to oranges in the bearing department.

Threads like these also provide no useful points of comparison, because you only hear from a few of the product owners, thus there is no capability to measure failure rates because there are hundreds or thousands of good turbos that are not considered; in addition, there is no real way to evaluate WHY a failure occurred when the vast majority of customers do not have the knowledge or experience to tell you why something failed.

That's why I said threads like this are stupid -- they have no predictive value even if you are asking about the same turbo you have -- which you are not...

You're the kind of customer that makes smart businesses put you on a "no-sell-to" ****list before you even call them to order.
straight owned...
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Asking the community for info on turbo failures seems fine in my book. You had to call FP out trying to drum up a QC issue you seem to know an awful lot about. I would have called FP and asked the following question as opposed to fishing on a forum:

Hey FP, what's the failure rate/causes on the green/HTA/Red etc...
And get some data from the horses mouth. Who knows, Maybe you'd get some non internet/vendor/hater/nutswinger biased info. Whether or not they choose to answer that question is not for me to decide. But, if I was curious I'd at least ask the vendor. Your problem seems specifically aimed at them.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
Asking the community for info on turbo failures seems fine in my book. You had to call FP out trying to drum up a QC issue you seem to know an awful lot about. I would have called FP and asked the following question as opposed to fishing on a forum:

Hey FP, what's the failure rate/causes on the green/HTA/Red etc...
And get some data from the horses mouth. Who knows, Maybe you'd get some non internet/vendor/hater/nutswinger biased info. Whether or not they choose to answer that question is not for me to decide. But, if I was curious I'd at least ask the vendor. Your problem seems specifically aimed at them.
some vendors will lie, take innovate motorsport and there LM2 lawsuit loss
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ive been running them since 1998 with zero failures.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
some vendors will lie, take innovate motorsport and there LM2 lawsuit loss
I have dealt with FP as it sounds like the OP has. I have no reason given FP's reputation or my personal experiences to think FP would lie. Maybe they would'nt have answered the question to the OP's expectations but I repeat, I don't think FP would lie. We are not dealing with innovative here, don't really see what innovative has to do with the topic.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRE
Ive been running them since 1998 with zero failures.
Now that is impressive thanks for posting as I know you have a lot of experience.

Quick Reply: Forced Performance Turbo Reliability