Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forced Performance Turbo Reliability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zbomb
I have dealt with FP as it sounds like the OP has. I have no reason given FP's reputation or my personal experiences to think FP would lie. Maybe they would'nt have answered the question to the OP's expectations but I repeat, I don't think FP would lie. We are not dealing with innovative here, don't really see what innovative has to do with the topic.
it was an example of a vendor lieing!
anyway why do threads that question products always get flamed.
what if ppl wanna hear what the customer experiences are instead of generally biased manufacturers/vendors
i didn't realise you could only post good experiences
Old Nov 11, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

I suppose thats why you started a reliability thread 5min before this one
Old Nov 11, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
I suppose thats why you started a reliability thread 5min before this one
just wanted info
Old Nov 11, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been dealing with FP for over 4 years now,
FP3065 zero failures, seen 75 shot of nitrous and 35lbs for over a year, sold the turbo and it lasted another 2 years before it was due for a freshin up, mind you this turbo was beat the hell out of for a very long time and it was still truckin along in another car.

FP3575 one failure and was my fault, 38lbs of boost and a 100shot and snapped the shaft, FP took care of me and replaced the CHRA, turbo lasted for a very long time with lots of abuse running mid 10's and 650+whp. That turbo never saw anything below 30lbs of it's life. And it almost always saw a shot of nitrous at the track. I'm very hard on turbos, and if these turbos can withstand the abuse I put them through then the turbos that FP sells are A+ in my book.
I killed a PTE T67 turbo within 150 miles, that wasn't hard to do.
Sent the PTE T67 turbo to FP and had them rebuilt it with there guts, it lasted me a whole season running 9.80's with 100shot and 35lbs. Never had an issue with it after that.

My gt4202 turbo supplied from FP, granted this was not an exclusive fp turbo, but it lasted me 2 years without a problem, ran mid 8sec passes all day long on the thing.

You can't beat FP's customer service, period!!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

I had a green failure.. My wastegate door came off somehow and went straight out my exhaust..

A few pics and an email to FP, and I had a whole new hotside within a day..

No problems with the turbo itself..
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone have some Thread-Be-Gone?

Turbos, engines, bolts, windshield wipers and blinker bulbs and all sorts of other other parts made by different manufacturers fail, so what's the point of this thread?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mplspilot
Does anyone have some Thread-Be-Gone?

Turbos, engines, bolts, windshield wipers and blinker bulbs and all sorts of other other parts made by different manufacturers fail, so what's the point of this thread?
My friend, this forum is about getting feedback on products, good or bad. I ran into people on the UK board with failures, I had a failure, and I knew Celica2Evo had a failure around the same time I did. So I decided to ask for feedback.

Honestly will people please get out of this thread with their hilarious comments and constant desire to bring people down to boost their own i-ego. If you don't like it don't click on it!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

And let me say based on the fact there has been very few reports of failures and some pretty good success stories from Evil Eagle and CBRE I'd say that is a pretty good sign these FP turbos are reliable.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

my fp red blew up!!!

my freakin power band and HP!!! for 4k miles no prob in cali 110 degree desert *** heat to the salty 38 degree roads of the pacific coast highways and beach citys late at night to the snowy mountains of socal still kickin like chung lei!!!!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

LOL

Keep the feedback coming guys.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Between the Evo's around here, there have been at least 7 FP powered cars. These were all stock based turbo's though. Not a single issue with any of the turbo's that I can recall.

I myself have owned both the Green and now I have the Red. I've always been pleased with their products.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
some vendors will lie, take innovate motorsport and there LM2 lawsuit loss
sorry for the OT, but where can I find more info on this lawsuit with innovate??
Old Nov 12, 2008, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I think it's important that products receive honest feedback regardless of vendor. I think there is a tendency on the forums to squash debate/exchanges of information from various fans of various vendors. That being said, there is also a balance to be struck where someone should work with vendors if a problem does come up and the last thing any company wants/desires/needs is endless forum drama which benefits neither party.

That being said, I have about 30,000 miles on my Green with zero issues. I got about 40-50,000 miles out of my White Rabbit without issue. I plan on getting a Red here in the near future.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
My friend, this forum is about getting feedback on products, good or bad. I ran into people on the UK board with failures, I had a failure, and I knew Celica2Evo had a failure around the same time I did. So I decided to ask for feedback.

Honestly will people please get out of this thread with their hilarious comments and constant desire to bring people down to boost their own i-ego. If you don't like it don't click on it!
Yeah and what kind of conclusion can you draw from a thread like that? That some FP turbos fail and some don't? Enlighten me, how is that helpful to you or anyone else?
I would understand if you asked for feedback on turbo failures' circumstances. Like high boost, ran out of oil, boost leak, no coolant, etc, etc. You see, any brand can fail if you treat it wrong, but you don't seem to care about that, and that's the problem with your questions and this thread.

And by the way this is not kindergarden , so this: "If you don't like it don't click on it!" doesn't work. Grow up and deal with it.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mplspilot
Yeah and what kind of conclusion can you draw from a thread like that? That some FP turbos fail and some don't? Enlighten me, how is that helpful to you or anyone else?
I would understand if you asked for feedback on turbo failures' circumstances. Like high boost, ran out of oil, boost leak, no coolant, etc, etc. You see, any brand can fail if you treat it wrong, but you don't seem to care about that, and that's the problem with your questions and this thread.

And by the way this is not kindergarden , so this: "If you don't like it don't click on it!" doesn't work. Grow up and deal with it.
In my first post in this thread I asked for people to explain the circumstances of the failure. I'm not even going to respond to anything else you said as it would be pointless. I can't convince all you "anti soliciting feedback" people.

All I can say is, if a lot of Evo owners posted problems, and they all seemed similar, or something like that, it might be a cause for concern. If you can't see the reason for me wanting to know, well good for you.

Quick Reply: Forced Performance Turbo Reliability