Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My build 03 Ly Evo w/pics.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts
First of all the reason why my car was at 30psi was cause my manuel boost controller was broke reason i went to electronic, and that was only like that for a few times until i figured out to keep it boosting at only 14lbs till i got the new bc. 8500 redline was changed by me 2 weeks before this happend so dont make it seem like i did that 24/7 with the car. Last i know i took alot of people who were not my friend out for a ride. That part was stupid of me but thats for me to decide not anyone else. I know who my real friends are now who keeps in contact with me and who doesnt so i know who is going to be in the car with me when its finished. If it breaks again oh well i will keep building it, i bought my evo to drive it.

Originally Posted by Slo_crx1
I think it was a combination of things, I helped Brian take the head off the car and this block/head was shredded. For one, 30psi from the stock turbo didn't help it much, and neither did the 8500 redline on stock valves and springs, or the rod knock from leaking out all the oil from the old broken return line off the turbo. The rod knock is what caused it all, rod broke, headgasket popped, stock sodium filled valves as they break + engine coolant = nice explosions which was caused by the shredding timing belt. In all honesty I think all this could've been avoided if you'd taken my advice back in January about the rod knock. But hey, ya gotta learn somehow!

Last edited by yellowevo82; Nov 15, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

You should be fine.. Depends on you. I had my boost set a little to high for my taste 24lbs NOT 30!!! I bet that fp red is nice. Thank you

Originally Posted by Motoxrider7
i hope this doesnt happen to me!! I have a new Stock Short Block just put it in about 2500 miles ago and i just installed the FP red turbo with cams. Im scared!

All things happen for a reason. Good Luck man.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck with the build

to buschur parts
Old Nov 15, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you, For the buschur part, i only go with what i feel is the best. I want to get a welder this xmas so i can learn how to fabricate my own products.

Originally Posted by psphinx81
good luck with the build

to buschur parts
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yellowevo82
First of all the reason why my car was at 30psi was cause my manuel boost controller was broke reason i went to electronic, and that was only like that for a few times until i figured out to keep it boosting at only 14lbs till i got the new bc. 8500 redline was changed by me 2 weeks before this happend so dont make it seem like i did that 24/7 with the car. Last i know i took alot of people who were not my friend out for a ride. That part was stupid of me but thats for me to decide not anyone else. I know who my real friends are now who keeps in contact with me and who doesnt so i know who is going to be in the car with me when its finished. If it breaks again oh well i will keep building it, i bought my evo to drive it.
Doesn't bother me either way man, I already know you're going to do what you want seeing that you've asked me for advice in the past and I've given it to you and you've just ignored it anyway. I've built and blown up plenty of motors in my days, I'm more than capable of diagnosing what causes things to break (especially after building Porsche/Ferrari/Lotus race motors for years at my old job). I don't want any part to do with your car, just don't bother me when things don't work out the way you think they should. I'm so sick of dealing with stupidity day in and day out and there are way too many idiots with Evo's these days. Now I honestly see what Kurt was talking about and why he hates people so much.