Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ebay FMIC toughts?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Malik_EvoIX
honestly i was really considering ets but its 399, injen with new intake is 377 (i already have an intake aem short ram)
Find a used AMS one or get a new one for $225.

And just hold off from the UICP until u can save up for a good one.

The Injen LICP sucks and the Injen UICP is basically a stock UICP just shiner.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have no problem buying the ETS kit, it's just that i need a small battery kit, and they are pricey as hell, and i really dont like my old battery
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beemerfreak
Numerous high horsepower cars run Ebay FMIC's. Buschur tested with a 500+ WHP Evo's and the Buschur intercooler cooled a little better, weighs less, and allowed the car to hold an extra 20-30 WHP. You really wont see a difference with a stock turbo car. Plus u literally pay less than a fraction of the price of a Buschur FMIC.
An ebay doesn't compare to a BR,AMS,ETS fmic... for stock turbo up to around 450whp it's ok and works well, but heat soaks.

Keep that in mind, you won't find a fmic that can hold 500whp all day long unless you spend some cash on the real deal.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

who else runs ebay fmic, comments?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

I had one and made good power with it. Stock 05 turbo on a Mustang Dyno with some of the mods in my sig I made 319 at the wheels. I took it off in favor of the Griffin core and a few other things. I bought it about a year ago because my stock FMIC died at the hands of a road gator (semi truck retread). This was a stop gap until I could get the one I wanted (the Griffin core). It bolts up using the stock mounting hardware and locations. The lower splash shield has to be trimmed if you put it back on. I still have it here if you want it. It is the AMS replica. I wasn't going to sell it on here since there is so much debate about them. PM me and we can work something out.

As far as the UICP and LICP debate. The UICP should be replaced with something that has more hard piping since the factory couplers start to "swell" at anything over stock boost pressures. Any of the aftermarket kits that fit well and have less flexible coupling will be better than the stock stuff. Upgrade to T-bolt clamps while you are at it. The stock LICP will be more than sufficient until you upgrade the turbo and turbo outlet pipe, that is the restriction not the LICP although changing it out did seem to help a bit but it may have been all in my mind. LOL

Josh
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:45 PM

ETS is the way to go if ur gonna end up buying a LICP or get an AMS one but the ETS on is i think 2.5" piping itll the J pipe on the turbo.. Deff makes a hell of a difference.

AMS,ETS LICP is the way to go! Dont buy Injen LCIP.. Same as stock but shinny!
Old Nov 16, 2008, 07:34 AM

go with buschur uicp its the best or ams about the same
Old Nov 16, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Wow , I still cant believe people are buying this junk out here. Ok so the ebay core can make fair power on 1 or 2 pulls on the dyno. So what happens after that "HEATSOAK". So forget about tuning or making power after that your done.

I guess if your one of these guys who truly dont care about the big picture or down the road upgrades. And dont actually use your car for competition of any sorts , and all you are after is to say Hey look at my "upgrade FMIC" then get that POS. It will bite you in the **** at some point.

Invest in your car like you should you buy a 30k car to drop chinese made junk onto it. Invest into the american company's that R&D this stuff and prove their worth. Buschur Racing / AMS. Only 2 to consider in my opinion. You will spend more in the end when you realize your choice in IC sucked , and you find yourself looking to upgrade to a real core. You wont even be able to sell that POS for a respectable price maybe get $50 bucks for it , thats all I would waste on it.And only if I was trading in my car haha
Old Nov 16, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Don't buy it. The core is trash, trust me.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Just send the money on the bushur FMIC. Save a whole lot.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
. . . Invest in your car like you should you buy a 30k car to drop chinese made junk onto it. Invest into the american company's that R&D this stuff and prove their worth. Buschur Racing / AMS. Only 2 to consider in my opinion. ..You wont even be able to sell that POS for a respectable price maybe get $50 bucks for it , thats all I would waste on it.And only if I was trading in my car haha
Interesting and mostly correct, however the AMS and BR core FMIC have been shown to make good power on the dyno and when drag racing. The Griffin core has been shown to make good power and is highly efficient at cooling while doing long constant use, ie Auto X and road courses. They are all excellent units, it just depends on what you want to use your car for.

Just remember these cars where built in Japan, not China.

Josh
Old Nov 16, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmelocik
Just remember these cars where built in Japan, not China.
Josh
I am aware of that . I am pointing out the Ebay chinese knockoff junk. Not the origin of the car.

I wouldnt hesitate on using a good japanese made product if it is a true R&D legit unit that is proven to work
Old Nov 16, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
I am aware of that . I am pointing out the Ebay chinese knockoff junk. Not the origin of the car.

I wouldnt hesitate on using a good japanese made product if it is a true R&D legit unit that is proven to work
Got it, sorry if I misunderstood your first post.

Josh
Old Nov 16, 2008, 09:51 AM

Wut are the numbers u guys are pulling using the ebay FMIC?
Old Nov 16, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

i think he was doing 319hp

Quick Reply: Ebay FMIC toughts?