Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

03 Evo8 Driveshaft bearings bad, replace whole driveshaft?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Evo8 Driveshaft bearings bad, replace whole driveshaft?

My 03 Evo started making a noise the other day and I took it to an autoshop and they said there are some bearing in the driveshaft that are making the noise. They said you can see the bearings, like the boot is missing ? When they talked to Mitsu they said you have to replace the whole driveshaft to replace them, a $2200 part. Is anyone selling aftermarket bearings for it ? I don't think its the carrier bearings but I'm not sure what bearings they are talking about, I can crawl under there and take a picture if needed. Does anyone know which years of driveshafts will fit my car ? I looked at buying a used 5 MR driveshaft but Mitsu said there were a couple different driveshafts in the 05 MR so they will only fit if it is a July 2004 and back manufactured car. Thanks,
Old Nov 27, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump - good question

Anyone?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wbresson
My 03 Evo started making a noise the other day and I took it to an autoshop and they said there are some bearing in the driveshaft that are making the noise. They said you can see the bearings, like the boot is missing ? When they talked to Mitsu they said you have to replace the whole driveshaft to replace them, a $2200 part. Is anyone selling aftermarket bearings for it ? I don't think its the carrier bearings but I'm not sure what bearings they are talking about, I can crawl under there and take a picture if needed. Does anyone know which years of driveshafts will fit my car ? I looked at buying a used 5 MR driveshaft but Mitsu said there were a couple different driveshafts in the 05 MR so they will only fit if it is a July 2004 and back manufactured car. Thanks,
I know I'm 15 years late. But MAP performance sells 2 peice draftshaft aluminum/carbon fiber. Think aluminum is 1400 carbon is 1800. Replaces all bearings and bushings. And a new drive shaft