Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

best exhaust system for the ix

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Greddy/Trust Ti no doubt about it..

JDM bling with performance gains to back it up.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kreeker
Greddy/Trust Ti no doubt about it..

JDM bling with performance gains to back it up.
does it taper at the cat flange ?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ariful
does it taper at the cat flange ?
Yes both the Greddy (USA version) and the Trust (JDM version) taper a bit where it meets the cat/test pipe. I believe it goes from 80mm to 75mm which is 2.95".
Old Dec 3, 2008, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
We can also build the exhaust system with a vibrant muffler and aero turbine resonator to help calm the noise of the ETS Exhaust System =)

Thanks,

Michael
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
We can also build the exhaust system with a vibrant muffler and aero turbine resonator to help calm the noise of the ETS Exhaust System =)

Thanks,

Michael
So you guys offer customized exhausts ? Damn you! Why didnt I know this before!?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 09:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
So you guys offer customized exhausts ? Damn you! Why didnt I know this before!?
We just started kicking around the idea of building an exhaust with the vibrant muffler. If someone wants a custom exhaust it shouldn't be a problem changing out the muffler or adding a resonator or two.

Thanks,

Michael
Old Dec 4, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
We just started kicking around the idea of building an exhaust with the vibrant muffler. If someone wants a custom exhaust it shouldn't be a problem changing out the muffler or adding a resonator or two. {thumbup**

Thanks,

Michael
Hey Michael i would like some more info on a custom exhaust. PM for prices and what i can and can't do. thanks
Old Jan 18, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

BluEVOIX, isn't the custom exhaust that ETS Michael is describing very similar to the custom exhaust you were going to build? Any further information on sound levels going with a vibrant muffler and aero turbine resonator or similar setup?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spool4Fun
BluEVOIX, isn't the custom exhaust that ETS Michael is describing very similar to the custom exhaust you were going to build? Any further information on sound levels going with a vibrant muffler and aero turbine resonator or similar setup?
Yes it is, but I will be using the busher bullet muffler with the Vibrant. Here is the link to my project and pics. I havent completed it yet, but it will get updated as I move a long.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...3-exhaust.html

Either there is a glitch or someone running this forum messed up. For some reason I cant find my thread when I search or even looking up myself through user profile>statistics> "threads started by" .

Last edited by BluEVOIX; Jan 18, 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tsurugi-san
I've had both the Buschur and WORKS full TBE's with test pipes at different times, and they were both too loud for my tastes --- I'm currently using the Tanabe Touring Medallion TBE with a resonated test pipe, and I think it's all around perfect. No highway drone, excellent fitment (true JDM --- superior to my previous US ones, by far), and bad-@ss WOT tone --- all with great flow and power.

That's just my opinion, though!
Agreed. Buschur is WAY loud, and quite annoying even at idle. Makes good power, but the noise is too much IMO.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 01:25 PM

I will throw my vote in for the Mines VX titanium. Is it the best, for me yeah, for you who knows
Old Feb 23, 2009, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Neuspeed06
Agreed. Buschur is WAY loud, and quite annoying even at idle. Makes good power, but the noise is too much IMO.
We have many different options for keeping the sound down. From the 2 muffler option to the 1 muffler with highflow cat to the new SD muffler and another muffler, etc... many different ways to do the system now.

Making this statement without hearing all of the options could definitely detour people from going with the system. Not all of the choices are loud.

Bullet with the off-road pipe is loud and so is the old Race muffler and off-road pipe.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

i love my megan sounds good and wasnt that expensive either!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
We have many different options for keeping the sound down. From the 2 muffler option to the 1 muffler with highflow cat to the new SD muffler and another muffler, etc... many different ways to do the system now.

Making this statement without hearing all of the options could definitely detour people from going with the system. Not all of the choices are loud.

Bullet with the off-road pipe is loud and so is the old Race muffler and off-road pipe.
I'm very curious about how the Buschur bullet center and magnaflow rear double muffler system sounds. I've only seen one video clip of it I think you posted it or someone else but it was at the strip and sitting at the benches view.

Do you have a video clip of it idling and normal driving?