Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy Triple Cerametallic Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exedy Triple Cerametallic Questions

I am looking at getting this clutch with the standard, not HD, cover. How is the life of this clutch compared to the twin HD? Also, how is the streetability of this clutch. Finally, what whp would you say this clutch is good to, i've hear 550 whp with the twin HD so I imagine this must be more. I am mainly interested in knowing if this clutch will last longer than the twin HD and hold more power while being fairly streetable. I am used to driving harsh twin disc Supra's so keep that in mind when you talk about streetability, thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boostedspra
I am looking at getting this clutch with the standard, not HD, cover. How is the life of this clutch compared to the twin HD? Also, how is the streetability of this clutch. Finally, what whp would you say this clutch is good to, i've hear 550 whp with the twin HD so I imagine this must be more. I am mainly interested in knowing if this clutch will last longer than the twin HD and hold more power while being fairly streetable. I am used to driving harsh twin disc Supra's so keep that in mind when you talk about streetability, thanks!
I've been using the triple with AMS push conversion and find the pedal effort and driveability to be way better than my old Exedy Twin HD. The triple is a bit noisier though.

I do have an issue with mine right now where when I flat shift the clutch will stick for some reason but I think it might be because I don't have a clutch stop and I am over extending the hydraulic throwout bearing.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found the clutch to be very streetable and hold alot of power, but it's overkill for my current set up. If you decide to go with the Exedy triple I have a low mileage one in excellent condition for sale. Please see the link below. Please Pm me if your interested.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ghlight=triple