Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Slowboy racing engine?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't go with SBR either. One bad deal is good enough for me. I'll pay the extra money to deal with a company that can be contacted and work with me.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldnt go there either, many many friends/people I know have had poor experiences there...not just with EVO's.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

+1 with not going there.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

+1000 on not dealing with SBR. It's not worth taking the risk. Go with AMS, Works, or BR.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Read that linked thread. Amazingly poor attitude about making screwups right with customers. Then they say that they are using those crappy returned pistons in another build. I don't see why anyone would every voluntarily start a business relationship with a company run by people like that...
Old Dec 6, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

^ yup. I'm pretty sure all of EvoM have basically boycotted SBR after seeing that piston thread.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

ok .wayyyy to many bads already!LOL i will be buying a bushur 2.3.... thanks for the info fellas. i just cant afford to buy a bum motor. i would rather spend the money once and be done. for a while at least.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:08 AM
Account Disabled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giHeD6IHPSc

We built/machined this engine in house.

P.S. it made 922rwhp. Hopefully this helps clear up any doubts.

Joe
SBR

Last edited by SBR INC; Dec 8, 2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
www.jacksonautomachine.com
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you use those crappy used pistons that you tried to pawn off on Jay Racing in that motor, SBR? I guess not...

The way you treat your customers is detestable.

Claiming that you used those pistons to build another motor just showed your lack of judgment about engine building in general.

You used to get some people to buy from you because of your low mail order prices, but when you ship out parts weeks too late or send the wrong parts altogether, and then try to hold your customer's money hostage, there's just no reason to deal with you at all. SBR, FTL.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:42 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Get it through buschur or AMS, you'll be much happier I guarantee!
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

+1000 on AMS or buscher...def extra coin but when it comes to an engine youd rather do it right the first time and not learn the hard way. theres a lot to be said about word of mouth and customer service...gl with the build!
Old Dec 8, 2008, 08:09 AM
Account Disabled

Also to give a little better idea of what out machine shop is about (all in house so quality control is superb) heres a breif rundown of our machine shop, and the process in which our race engines are developed.

Hines Liberator XP Crank Balancer

Standard Information:
- Balances full rotating assemblies which reduces in-car and motor vibrations.
- Creates smooth revs.

Machine Features
- The The Eliminator Crankshaft Balancer is only budget minded in price, not performance. It features new digital control technology from the company that has set the measures of performance for over 20 years. A rugged hard-bearing suspension that gives high sensitivity and permanent calibration. Part set ups are menu driven, allowing an operator to quickly change between single and two-plane balance operations. The balancer will calculate amount and angle.

Sunnen SV-10 Cylindar Diamond Hone

Standard Information:
- When used with diamond stones, the SV-10 provides round, straight, and accurate bores.
- We also have an array of different hones for different types of ring material.

Machine Features
- Variable speed independent spindle and stroke drives – allows an infinitely variable crosshatch angle for any bore diameter and cylinder length.
- Sunnen precision hone heads – remove minimal stock, doubling or even tripling block life … allow performance rebuilders to freshen up a cylinder by just removing the high spots.
- Built-in filter system – catches dirt and grit, keeping oil clean to assure proper surface finish and longer coolant life.
- Standard universal fixture – holds a wide variety of blocks from passenger car and highperformance engines to truck and industrial blocks up to 42 inches
- Mechanical power stroking system – provides superior control and ensures consistent crosshatch angles and surface finish, cylinder after cylinder, block after block. This air-free mechanical system is superior to air-over-oil pneumatic systems which can leak and are affected by temperature... which can cause inconsistency in the bore due to "spongy" stroke.
- Patented bore profile display – allows operator to hone cylinder round and straight without stopping to gage.
- Hones aluminum, cast iron, any alloy (the only factory approved method for 390 or other high-silicon aluminum alloys) – eliminates distortion, even in precision cast thin-wall blocks.
- Advanced stroking system – can dwell in any part of the bore – top, middle or bottom – selectively removing stock for the straightest, roundest bore possible.
- Sunnen Diamond Honing System with multi-point cutting action – spreads out force for faster, rounder bores, improved productivity … and better engine performance.
- PATENTED full bore profile display – projects a real-time display of the bore cross section that simplifies removing taper from the bore … allows user to dwell in the exact position and as long as necessary where bore is visually smaller – no one else has it.

Serdi 3.0

Standard Information:
- Cuts concentric seats so they seal very well.
- Performs 3-5 angle valve jobs for increased flow.

Machine Features
- Machining capacity .551"/14mm to 2.363"/60mm.
- Machine bed and table bars of 1.390mm or 1.050mm, respectively, for easy clamping and machining of the cylinder heads.
- Fitted with the new SERDI tooling that decreases the cutting force by 30%, this machine will cut the hardest seats.
- Patented lightweight workhead: built-in spindle motor and triple air-float automatic centering system. Minimal workhead inertia and maximal floatation for unmatched centering sensitivity.
- Fully integrated spindle motor: Infinitely variable spindle speed, 100 to 1200 r.p.m., with sensorless Vector Flux Control in open loop (extremely broad torque ratings from lowest r.p.m.).
- Machine bed structure optimized by static and dynamic calculation, with a modern, modular and functional design. Built-in lighting system.

RMC Surfacer

Standard Information:
- Utilizes CBN and PCD tooling whick gives a fine RA finish neecessary for MLS gaskets.

Machine Features
- The powerful 5 1/2 hp (7 1/2 on the RMC-12VB) wheelhead motor, coupled to a pre-loaded dedicated spindle shaft provides superior finishes which exceed present OEM specifications.
- RMC's heavy duty CBN/PCD milling systems are based on a 3 1/2 inch solid aluminum milling head that provides supurb milling operations on all RMC surface milling machines.
- A digital inverter drive provides consistant torque at variable spindle speeds from 0- 1,700 rpm.
- Milling length of over 4 Feet!

Berco BT6 Line Boring Machine

Standard Information:
- Will correct a bearing sattle if it is not straight.

Machine Features
- Though it has been specially designed for reconditioning the seat of cylinder head camshafts with through or blind axis, it can also be used for reconditioning the seat of cylinder block crankshafts in cars and light-weight trucks.
- The machine is sturdy and compact and allows for accurate machining.
- Direct rotation of the motor and chuck shaft is obtained via a highly flexible belt.
- Feed is steplessly variable and can be controlled by a hydraulic and pneumatic system.
- Boring Range: 61/64"-3 11/32"
- Max. length admitted of the head or the block: 31 29/32"

Berco Boring Machine for Cylinders

Standard Information:
- Can take a stock bore block to .080 over if nessasary.
- Can O-Ring a block to create a better seal for the head gasket.

Sunnen Manual Hone

Standard Information:
- Pin fits every piston to each rod.
- Can fluxuate clearences according to motor builds.

Machine Features
1. Produces a round and straight honed bore, in all respects equal to or better than manufacturers' new rods
2. Allows us to give over-the-counter service to walk-in customers
3. Reconditions eight passenger car rods in less than 40 minutes
4. Honing units for complete rod reconditioning diameter range of 1.450" to 4.700" (36.9-119.4 mm)
5. Ensures top pin fitting precision

Sunnen CRG-Cap & Rod Grinder
Machine Features
1. Cuts main bearing and con rod caps and rods of all sizes from subcompact up through big NH250 Cummins diesels
2. Fast-cutting, long-life grinding wheel feeds in .001" increments
3. Only one setting of feed wheel is needed for cutting a complete set of caps and rods

Sunnen Rod Heater

Standard Information:
- Used to press all stock style pistons to their stock rods.
- Heats up the ends of the rods to expand so the rist pin creates a press fit when it is cool.

Machine Features
1. Fast and precise operation
2. Performs domestic and import press-fit
3. Allows assembly of complete set of V-8 pistons in about 12 minutes
4. Complete press-fit system, 10-ton hydraulic press, pin inserter set
Old Dec 8, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

I have only ever driven out there to snag parts back when I lived home in Johnstown, PA and they always seemed like stand up guys. My buddy Tommy used to work there too. But just the other day I was talking to a kid here in Chambersburg with a EVO II who bought a motor from them and was not very pleased. I have heard mixed reviews over the years. 50/50 good and bad.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 08:13 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
Did you use those crappy used pistons that you tried to pawn off on Jay Racing in that motor, SBR? I guess not...

The way you treat your customers is detestable.

Claiming that you used those pistons to build another motor just showed your lack of judgment about engine building in general.

You used to get some people to buy from you because of your low mail order prices, but when you ship out parts weeks too late or send the wrong parts altogether, and then try to hold your customer's money hostage, there's just no reason to deal with you at all. SBR, FTL.

Not that one...no. And please keep your completely biased and un wanted/off topic opinions to yourslef. The moderators wont take to kindly to it again. Please let the customer decide for himself minus the peer pressure from your opinionated thoughts. If you havent had a personal horiffic experience with us (despite what you think they really dont happen that often), please dont tell us how good/bad you "think" we are. and thank you for you engine building advise....care to come show us how to operate the machines in the post listed above? Thank you.

Joe
SBR

Last edited by SBR INC; Dec 8, 2008 at 08:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Slowboy racing engine?