Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

fuelcut like reaction

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008 | 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

fuelcut like reaction

well it has been happening for a while now everytime i floor my car to go full throttle at around 4900-5000+ rpms my car splutter very bad like if I was hitting fuel cut, but I have raised the loads for boost limit and Im running 10.0-10.3 afr so definetly not running lean an all this without me hitting over 15pounds of boost, horrible. and obviously the fuel pump is working. Today Im going to check the spark plugs, but if u have any other ideas pleas post. Thanks.
All I got other than stock is all injen intake kit, greddy fmic, 255walbro pump, hallman mbc, fuel regulator, 3"turbo back exhaust with highflow cat.

Last edited by bevolucion; Dec 7, 2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added
Old Dec 7, 2008 | 10:27 AM

There's a good possibility that you just need a tune. Any chance that it started doing this after you put on the injen kit? My car did the same thing after installing the injen kit. I disconnected my battery, and when I hooked it back up I drove the car around normal without taking it above 3k rpms for a few days. I stepped on it again and it went perfect without hesitation. The computer must have compensated for whatever it needed. Either way though, you probably could use a tune if you don't have one.
Old Dec 7, 2008 | 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bevolucion
....everytime i floor my car to go full throttle at around 4900-5000+ rpms my car splutter very bad like if I was hitting fuel cut, but I have raised the loads for boost limit and Im running 10.0-10.3 afr so definetly not running lean.....
Pig rich
Old Dec 7, 2008 | 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Yea why are you running such low boost? That is crazy rich.
Old Dec 7, 2008 | 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HyaboostaIX
There's a good possibility that you just need a tune. Any chance that it started doing this after you put on the injen kit? My car did the same thing after installing the injen kit. I disconnected my battery, and when I hooked it back up I drove the car around normal without taking it above 3k rpms for a few days. I stepped on it again and it went perfect without hesitation. The computer must have compensated for whatever it needed. Either way though, you probably could use a tune if you don't have one.
That is a good question because if he doesn't have a tune that means that walbro could possibly be the culprit. It needs to be scaled. Why put in a larger pump and turn the boost down?
Old Dec 7, 2008 | 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Change your plugs.
Old Dec 7, 2008 | 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Thinking plugs/wires over here. My car did the same thing at about the same RPM. Changed the plugs and it seemed to have fixed it. I was going to do new wires but just recently switched to the coil/ignitor ignition and have no problems at all now.

And you're running pig rich which doesn't help. Over rich and no timing is just as bad as lean and too much.

/brox
Old Dec 7, 2008 | 09:21 PM

You need a tune up whether local or mail order will help. Change the plugs when the new tune-up goes in. The intake and fuel pump upgrades are not helping your cause. You could run a quick test and re-install the factory intake and new plugs. Re-set ECU and try again.
Todd