Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XEDE vs eManage vs Works Reflash

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2003 | 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

thnx
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

For 430.00 the emanage appears to be a very good deal. It is also very versatile. I need to look more into it because it's about half the price of the XEDE with approximately the same functions.
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

so.. XEDE is double the price of eManage... but XEDE controls
boost as well... for eManage to control boost, you'll need to buy
additional controller (Profec e01)??

Originally posted by modvp
For 430.00 the emanage appears to be a very good deal. It is also very versatile. I need to look more into it because it's about half the price of the XEDE with approximately the same functions.
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by JT-KGY
so.. XEDE is double the price of eManage... but XEDE controls
boost as well... for eManage to control boost, you'll need to buy
additional controller (Profec e01)??

Yes...if you want the integrated functions you can get the Profec e-01. The e-01 also works as an interface for the e-manage. You will not need a laptop or support software if you go this route. This will lower the price for the e-manage by $100 since you won't need the software anymore.

Anyone know the limits of the stock boost solenoid? I'd like to know how many lbs of boost can be programmed by the XEDE.

Last edited by Option2; Sep 12, 2003 at 03:41 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Option2

Anyone know the limits of the stock boost solenoid? I'd like to know how many lbs of boost can be programmed by the XEDE.
By removing the restrictor in the boost line that goes to the boost control solenoid, the stock turbo can generate up to 25psi, give or take a bit in the midrange. Up top, it will run out of breath and begin to taper. If you want more boost, for some reason, you can play with different pill sizes in the wastegate line. The XEDE will control any solenoid so dialing in the desired boost is just a matter of picking the right pill/bleeder/restrictor/wg spring/etc,. Pretty easy stuff.

Shiv
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

I am have been using the emange on my car and made up to 557 wheel hp with it - its a great set up and has a lot of extra functions - BUT it is something that requires a dyno and a very good understanding of tuning to use effectively and safely

I have switched over to the dyno flash system 100% and soon we will see just how much power the evo can make on the stock ecu and a re-flash

Personally - I like the idea of the HKS EVC V stepping motor to control my boost MUCH more than the cheap stock boost solinoid - - so far we have yet to see a boost controller which performs like the new HKS solinoid - so for me - I like a reflash and the HKS EBC
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 06:20 PM
EvoM Administrator

I love the all functions in one box concept that is the XEDE. The ONLY thing that has stopped me is that I just can't afford one quite yet.

I like that you can DL good maps to start with, whereas the emanage really needs dyno time (read: expensive) and also good boost controller (expensive), as I'm done with fussy MBCs that change boost levels when the weather changes a bit.

But perhaps the best thing about the XEDE is you get product support from the guys at Vishnu! Installation issues, MAP issues, technical questions? Never going to be unanswered. They have always been very courteous and patient with me when resolving issues for my WRX in the past.

Factor all those things in, and the XEDE doesn't look like its that much more expensive at all. IMO, its a great value for all you get, I just have to keep saving!
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 909
The AEM standalone sounds really promising. I just have some questions about it. What happens to the imobilizer? And does it use the same air flow sensor? I know one of the main air-flow bottlenecks of the Evo is the air flow sensor. If I were to go with a standalone unit, it has to be one that allows me to do away with the stock air flow sensor. MOTEC so far is the only one that i know of which replaces the stock air flow sensor.
Yes the AEM should allow you to remove the MAF and use a AEM packaged speed density kit. It has GM MAP and AIT sensors plus wiring.

All of the standalones would allow you to get rid of your MAF sensor. The Motec can only run in MAP mode it will not work with the stock MAF without a lot of effort. The Xede can do this also.

The GEMS, Autronic, Pectal, Apexi Power FC all can run either MAP or MAF. The AEM EMS is deisigned by GEMS so there are many similarities between them.
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Option2
With the e-manage, you can also adjust the scale for both throttle position and rpm. You can adjust the scale down to 100 RPM increments if needed and 1% increments for throttle position. So if you are seeing that no adjustment is needed from 2000 - 3000 RPM all across the TPS range, you can change the scale to start from 3000 RPM up to redline in 250RPM increments if you wanted. What ever you can fit in 16 cells up to redline.

<<snip>>

The scaling is still not as good as being able to place your twenty load points at any arbitrary location.
Old Jan 4, 2004 | 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

it appears Evoitis1 = Al

if this is the case ...

fraud?

Last edited by ez76; Jan 4, 2004 at 07:36 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2004 | 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ez76

fraud?
No man, Al's dynoflash is not a fraud. I got one and it's a good, cost effective, safe mod. Where did you get the idea that Al' is fraud?