Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

bushur cop vs spark tech

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by haseeb
u have a pm ...
pm replied
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

hey ,do u have these instock also ?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

I look at it this way, they are basically the same. Same M&W box, same coilpacks, same blah, blah blah.

But, one of them developed the kit from nothing while the other copied the design and added a little flash to it.

So the question is do you want to support the shop the R&D'd it or the shop that copied someone else's product??
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
I look at it this way, they are basically the same. Same M&W box, same coilpacks, same blah, blah blah.

But, one of them developed the kit from nothing while the other copied the design and added a little flash to it.

So the question is do you want to support the shop the R&D'd it or the shop that copied someone else's product??

I ordered the "copy".
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Hell I don't even have a comment. Buy whatever you feel comfortable with, all the points have been brought up about 1,000 times, 100 threads have been locked from the fighting over it. I could give two ****s less at this point.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice

ding ding ding ding... not to mention BR was putting COPs on DSMs going faster then most EVOs now before they ever hit our shore. All Im gonna say.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

BR COP here...

I would say go for that.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Another BR happy supporter here! Like Whitey4D said, Buschur went 7s in a DSM before Evos were even here.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 9sec9
We use the BR COP on the Record Setting FP_RED, which proves it's value to stock/stock appearing turbos, and then went 9.20 on it's first outing on a MIDFRAME sized turbo. The thing I like about using Buschur Racing is the fact that by supporting them, we get the side benefit of David having the money to test other parts. Not too many vendors doing that for the community.
I couldnt agree more 9. Buschur is the pioneer in the COP system and that gives more to the community than anyone, I say give to the guy that is the 1 stop shop, that not only backs there products, they and test and test and test everything they sell. I run it and will never run anything less
Old Dec 12, 2008, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Is the Buschur Racing COP fully plug and play? No rewiring of the stock wireharness? How well does this unit work with the stock ecu? Any radio interference?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Both kits are plug and play and very easy to install. I've had the opportunity to see both kits in person and both are top notch. Both kits use the same coils and m&w box. I personally choose the Spark Tech kit. I love Buschur's parts and run almost everything from them. But when I compared both kits the Spark Tech kit and it's wiring won me over.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Buschur is fully plug and play. And works 100% perfect with the stock ECU. I will never run anything but Buschur.

Another thing, if you dont like the look of it, you can get the Buschur Polished cover and it fits over it. I personally love the COP look. It simply says: This car is fast! lol
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:41 PM
Account Disabled

Do you want a pretty car or a fast car ?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrJdmJimi
Do you want a pretty car or a fast car ?
I'm confused, are you saying that the Buschur kit makes more power than the Spark Tech kit?

I believe the person that made this thread was requesting information on the kits. Not peoples off topic comments.

Maybe someone with a Buschur kit would be kind enough to post some pictures. I would be more than happy to post a few of the Spark Tech kit. It would be helpful for people who are considering one of these kits.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 02:20 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RiversideMitsu
I'm confused, are you saying that the Buschur kit makes more power than the Spark Tech kit?

I believe the person that made this thread was requesting information on the kits. Not peoples off topic comments.

Maybe someone with a Buschur kit would be kind enough to post some pictures. I would be more than happy to post a few of the Spark Tech kit. It would be helpful for people who are considering one of these kits.
Not saying buschur kit makes more power ,vise versa ..im saying the buschur kit has proven itself .. Looks at his 9 soon to be 8 sec car ..his relation to the evom community providing great new parts and real world testing.
My opinion..
The Sparktech does look cool though

Quick Reply: bushur cop vs spark tech