Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fujita UICP VS Injen UICP

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fujita UICP VS Injen UICP

what do you guys think? the fujita crosses over the filter and the injen doesnt.
*no off topic discussions* i dont want to hear "neither both suck go with this or that brand blah blah.......... more pics would help to contribute already have a thread of Injen pics:https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ng-intake.html
and Fujita pics(not much more pics would help)https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...uicp-licp.html

thanks
Old Dec 21, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

bump goodnight
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

bump!!!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

What is your question? You comparing which is better or you trying to say they are the same but made totally different?
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

INJEN looks like the piping takes a much shorter path by going under the intake system.

I personally have the Nisei UICP and it takes the shortest path possible to intercooler. But requires mini-battery.

Last edited by Positron; Dec 23, 2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

I have the Injen set up, personally i like the "look" of the fujita. There werent many options when i ordered my UICP/INTAKE. There are so many options now I dont know why you narrowed it down to these choices.

Last edited by sikrsix; Dec 23, 2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:12 AM

I have the injen UICP and it has worked great for me so far. I would think the injen would be better by having a shorter route.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

edited my post...wasnt thinking straight since i'm so tired right now, LOL
Old Dec 23, 2008, 03:35 AM
Account Disabled

I think their both junk and you should go buschur upper ic pipe with tial bov and mini battery
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:20 AM

why are they junk?
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
people are gonna say what they want about products there is nothing wrong with ETS INJEN AMS BR etc. Who cares its your car. he could say i think it sucks because of the name. If they cant support it with facts IN THE POST they say it in then i smell bs. Get what you want and be happy its your car. After all you set a goal to make Lookswise or powerwise. Does not matter how you get there. Many formulas to make power and plenty of body mods. People act like there is one route or one company is better than the other. Its not all about pricing. just because something is cheap does not mean its the worse part nor if its MORE EXPENSIVE with a name on it its made better. Please quit all this FANBOY NONSENSE. the OP asked for pics of the injen setup/fujita setup not i think you should use ams ets etc. SO if you dont have injen setup/fujita setup with pics and information DONT POST period. IF you like ets,ams,br etc setup then cool. I have friends on here that use those setups it looks nice and nice products BUT this is a INJEN/FUJITA thread keep it that way.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:01 AM

I have and Injen setup. The great intial deal burns you in the end. I had to buy t-bolt clamps to replace the supplied worm drive clamps and a "hump" coupler for the 2 UICP unions cause the one included was very short. I also got new IC pipe to incooler couplers because I felt the kit should also include those instead of reusing the factory couplers. Also the fitment to my Perrin IC wasn't the greatest either...

I would rec a Nisei (my next purchase) or ETS IC piping. I'm slightly against the Buschur/AMS setups due to the monopoly situation and sorta lack of support for recirulation/MAF setups. By that, I mean both companies want you to buy their intercooler (Buschur), or their intake manifold (AMS) to mount perfectly to their piping kits. Both also only offer a mini battery setup, so there are additional products that need purchased. AMS doesn't even make an intake setup for stock turbo footprint to my knowledge. I just feel the majority of ppl modding an Evo will only slightly mod it, not go all out 600HP+ speed density EMS, atmospshere BOV setups.

Just my $.02

Edit: I guess I'm saying Buschur and AMS appeal to more hardcore setups, while ETS and Nisei is more for the recreational/practical setups.

Last edited by mr.green; Dec 23, 2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: needed to add more information
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That i will agree with you Mr.green i have to buy another 45 degree silicone hose for the upper ic pipe to join the lower. if your using a straight end intercooler(APS) then the kit at the bottom is off. SO you need to get some 45 degree hoses to make it fit properly like i did. Not really a big deal also you should SWITCH your clamps out for Tbolt clamps anyways. I did experience my upper ic pipe popping off due to me boosting when i was testing turbo. again Tbolt clamps will fix this problem. there is a website that sells a complete evolution 7,8,9 tbolt clamp kit for 29.99. they also sell bending silcome hoses or reducer hoses
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
people are gonna say what they want about products there is nothing wrong with ETS INJEN AMS BR etc. Who cares its your car. he could say i think it sucks because of the name. If they cant support it with facts IN THE POST they say it in then i smell bs. Get what you want and be happy its your car. After all you set a goal to make Lookswise or powerwise. Does not matter how you get there. Many formulas to make power and plenty of body mods. People act like there is one route or one company is better than the other. Its not all about pricing. just because something is cheap does not mean its the worse part nor if its MORE EXPENSIVE with a name on it its made better. Please quit all this FANBOY NONSENSE. the OP asked for pics of the injen setup/fujita setup not i think you should use ams ets etc. SO if you dont have injen setup/fujita setup with pics and information DONT POST period. IF you like ets,ams,br etc setup then cool. I have friends on here that use those setups it looks nice and nice products BUT this is a INJEN/FUJITA thread keep it that way.
thank you so much i just wanted to compare both products, i really like both kits and was just getting some opinions from other owners.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1NastyMR
I think their both junk and you should go buschur upper ic pipe with tial bov and mini battery
next time READ THE OP!! *no off topic discussions* i dont want to hear "neither both suck go with this or that brand blah blah..........

Quick Reply: Fujita UICP VS Injen UICP