Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Best Tubular Header
AMS
31.25%
Buschur Racing
21.88%
DN Performance
0%
ETS
20.31%
Invidia
0%
JM Fabrications
6.25%
Megan
6.25%
Others-Explain
14.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Tubular Header ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
I know for a fact that JMFab, Megan and Invidia only make stock replacment manifolds. There aren't any T3 flanged manifolds listed on their websites anyway.
JMFab makes anything you want, stock flanged, T3, T4, divided, v-band Tial style, top-mount... We're running their divided T3 manifold on a 1G DSM with a BW S362, quality is second to none.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
You def wont see much difference in gains in most of the equal length mani's listed.

Shearer, ETS, AFI, Full-Race. All carry a lifetime warranty so you cant lose with either. My suggestion is to use one company as much as possible for parts as all the parts are made to work well together and you won't have to worry about Vendor A part fitting to a Vendor B part
Old Dec 25, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
T3 manifold? HAFE FTW!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 10:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SloRice
My buddy and I have the exact same builds. Only difference is I have the Shearer/BR manifold and he has the Full Race. We make exactly the same power and run exactly the same times.
Yea but look at your signature. Of course your gonna support buschur, and of course your going to say that that manifold does better than a full-race manifold. See my point is made exactly. Everyone is gonna recommend what is on their car or if they are a vendor for a certain product.

I would love to see a manifold test similar to the "ams cam" test. With people that arent going to gain anything from the test. I would love to see the results.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Deleted.

Last edited by Dennis F; Feb 18, 2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ScorpionT
Ive dealt with AMS, ETS, and Full Race, but I cant vote. With the equal length headers, you wont see much difference between brands if any, as for as power gains. Quality from those 3 is also first rate, no complaints at all.

When buying a kit, buy based on quality, reputation, price(your budget), customer service, and completeness. Weigh each out and go from there.
+1000

I have the Freaking RNR ramhorn on my car now. I dont think i would pick up or lose any noticible power switching to another mani.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

AMS, Buschur (Shearer), ETS, JM Fab, AFI.....you really cant go wrong, they're all top quality
Old Dec 26, 2008, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor

borla
Old Dec 26, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Full-Race
Old Dec 26, 2008, 06:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Which tubular header is the best one for the best gains? I am looking to get a new tubular header for a gt35r turbo kit but am not sure wich one to go for. Can everyone give me their opinion. I want to know which one you like, use, and why?
This is a hard question to answer. What is your criteria for "best gains"? Is it overall HP or spool up? Longevity and warranty or bang for the buck?

Shouldn't other things be considered like fitment, construction, shipping time, how a company deals with issues, etc??? Which company you would like to support and keep in business so you can benefit from their future research and development? There is a ton to consider.

Of the higher quality kits out there, there are differences in collector design, turbo placement, WG feed location, tubing diameter, etc. All of these things change boost control, spool and overall HP. All things to consider.

Most of the above mentioned things are personal choice and therefore; there can not be a definitive answer.

I will cast my vote just as the other fan boys have for the company I believe has the answers to what is most important in my opinion.

Good luck with your choice.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where the hell is full-race?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

I want HP and spool gains, most companies come with lifetime warranty, I am not looking for "bang for the buck". I dont want to save money on a header and later have problems and end up spending more.

As for shipping time, well Im in Iraq right now..............

I will support the company that gives us support, the customers. I would like to go for the company that really cares about taking care of their customers and not about their name on their product.

I will give you a quick example, IVAN- I ran into a company that says they give military discounts, all they asked for was a DOD ID and sold the customer their product at a MILITARY discount. That person wasnt even in the military, all the company cared about was THEIR product being sold and getting their name out there.

Civilians working out here in Iraq make well over $150k a year, WTF do they need a discount for?

This is why I tell you that I will go for the product that is the best one over all, not the one trying to get their name out there! If you look at my signature CBlack tuned my car, I am an AMS customer............
Old Dec 26, 2008, 07:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I want HP and spool gains, most companies come with lifetime warranty, I am not looking for "bang for the buck". I dont want to save money on a header and later have problems and end up spending more.

As for shipping time, well Im in Iraq right now..............

I will support the company that gives us support, the customers. I would like to go for the company that really cares about taking care of their customers and not about their name on their product.

I will give you a quick example, IVAN- I ran into a company that says they give military discounts, all they asked for was a DOD ID and sold the customer their product at a MILITARY discount. That person wasnt even in the military, all the company cared about was THEIR product being sold and getting their name out there.

Civilians working out here in Iraq make well over $150k a year, WTF do they need a discount for?

This is why I tell you that I will go for the product that is the best one over all, not the one trying to get their name out there! If you look at my signature CBlack tuned my car, I am an AMS customer............
I appreciate your response. It is good to know that you value more than just price or ultimate HP. I also appreciate your thread asking for opinions on what people prefer and more importantly "why" they prefer it. Unfortunately threads like this usually end up in fan boy praise of their particular brand with no real data to support their choice.

You seem like an intelligent individual and I am sure that you will make your decision on what suits YOU best.

As far as military discounts. AMS offers a military discount. I am not sure what they require as far as proof. Darious in sales is in charge of the military program as he is most familiar being ex ARMY coming to work for us shortly after his tour in Iraq. I cant comment on civilian contractors are concerned but I believe that they would not be included. I remember a post where somebody asked about police, firemen and possibly coast guard discounts and the answer was "military only" at that time. I personally served in the USAF during Desert Shield (I know, I am dating myself) I appreciate what you do for us. Thanks.

I could go into what makes our turbo kit awesome and I am sure other shops could tout their own kits. If you are interested, THIS thread in our section of EvoM can give you some high points about our kit. Things on the kit have changed a little since that post as we now use an ultra precise stainless steel cast collector and head flange.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Ivan:

That is why I started this thread cause I wanted to know WHY tehy like the manifold they have. I knew that I was going to get a lot feedback from fans and thats it. Most people dont even need to try other company products. I was looking for answers from people that have used these AND other manifold. I wanted to know WHY they changed from the one they had before, those kinds of reason. You know better spool, HP, reliability and performance, like we mentioned earlier. I do appreciate all your feedback.

I was using the discount story as an example of what companies are doing now these days just to get their names out there and make sales.

I am not looking to just make a sale for someone cause they have a big fan club. I know that AMS makes top of the line ****. I just need to look into getting all the information I need before I spend $1k+ on a manifold.

Thanks for giving us military members a discount, dose AMS give donations? You know is it the season to be giving.

Last edited by monkey_187; Dec 26, 2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

bump