Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bushur turboback System!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2003, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it does sound like a tractor...
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

I like how it sounds, I just dont like how mine fits, I hope i can fix it so that it doesnt rattle/hit.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The thermal system will not flow as much as ours. The reducer in the system where it bolts to the cat is one restrictions and the resonators are another. It also weighs considerably more than our system. The entire BR system comes in at only 24. 6 pounds.

We also use 100% 304 stainless steel tubing and components in our EVO systems.

Just wanted to keep pointing these things out.

We do have the CEL problem fixed. I have to apologize to the guys that already have the systems.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Sep 20, 2003, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

The system is a slip fit design. This makes for the lightest weight, easiest installation and highest flow.

As for it hitting, you say you adjust it and then it just goes back. Did you get our SS band clamps with the system? If so did you install them so the larger end goes over the larger diameter end of the slip fit? If so, tighten them, TIGHT. The system will not move if the clamps are on the right direction and TIGHT.

About the noise level of our exhaust. This system is POWERFUL at WOT. The idle is even aggressive. For those of you that have not had a chance to RIDE IN A CAR with it on though you are really missing out. I think everyone that owns one will agree that at 55-70 mph where you spend your time on the highway cruising that the exhaust is actually quiet. This was the idea when we built the system. I am AMAZED at how quiet it is in the car at highway speeds. Try to ride in one before you make your decision on sound.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Sep 20, 2003, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

There is no cell problem on my car with the high flow cat throwing any cell lights. I saw how you guys fixed that. Very sneaky, but it works!! I hope to fix my exhaust this weekend.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

I put it on super tight, and the clamps are on correctly. I used a lift and airtools. I tried 3 different times thursday night. I wil try again here soon. I can see where it is hitting; its the first bend on the large section of 3 " going toward the muffler. It hits on a bolt coming out of the rear diff.
Guys the sound is awesome.......I have no complaints!!! It is not quiet like a mouse, but it sounds very good. Price /quality /HP /sound you cant beat this exhaust system. my .02
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by davidbuschur
The system is a slip fit design. This makes for the lightest weight, easiest installation and highest flow.

As for it hitting, you say you adjust it and then it just goes back. Did you get our SS band clamps with the system? If so did you install them so the larger end goes over the larger diameter end of the slip fit? If so, tighten them, TIGHT. The system will not move if the clamps are on the right direction and TIGHT.

About the noise level of our exhaust. This system is POWERFUL at WOT. The idle is even aggressive. For those of you that have not had a chance to RIDE IN A CAR with it on though you are really missing out. I think everyone that owns one will agree that at 55-70 mph where you spend your time on the highway cruising that the exhaust is actually quiet. This was the idea when we built the system. I am AMAZED at how quiet it is in the car at highway speeds. Try to ride in one before you make your decision on sound.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
david you say your exhaust is kinda quiet, i am still in the process of making my decision, have you measured db difrences from stock to your set up. i am planning on dp and catback, keeping stock cat. please shed some light on this i would like to get your oppinion on sound. i am looking for a realativly quiet system with noticeble hp gains on dyno.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 01:37 AM
Evolving Member

anyone compare the sound the off road pipe makes compared to the high flow cat?

is the difference
a. kinda noticeable
b. very noticenable
c. only the trained master can tell a difference
Old Feb 4, 2004, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

anyone compare the sound the off road pipe makes compared to the high flow cat?

is the difference
a. kinda noticeable
b. very noticenable
c. only the trained master can tell a difference >>>

A very noticeable diff on my car. I actually wanted the off road pipe for more power and had it on for a few days, but it was WAY too loud, i wanted some noise but not that much. The Buschur HF Cat is the perfect sound with the rest of there 3" Tback.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

So from a 10, being loud (with straight pipe) it goes to a what with the high flow cat?
Old Feb 4, 2004, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

10 with no cat, louder than any EVO Ive heard ever. 7 with there HF cat.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Yah, I know its loud Im used to it now, but wonder if I would like it a bit softer.... At idle is it, raspy, or .....

Hmm isnt the HFC like $200 I was thinking of getting that, but I would rather spend that on dynoflash....

Decisions decisions
Old Feb 5, 2004, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

SAEVO,

If the cat back pipe is hitting the diff right at the bend in the cat back pipe it needs to be pushed forward into the cat/offroad pipe further. If it will NOT go in further you may have to drop it off the car, cut an 1" off and then get in in further. That is why it is hitting though. We have shortened the systems quite a bit so they are easier to get completely slid in. Initially we built them all to exact length. Since UPS seems to dent them more often than not we have shortened them to make it easier to get together.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 6, 2004, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

David

I'm having the same issue even though I followed your instructions to the letter. I've been under the car a few times and have been able to get the rattle to stop except when the car has been running for a while it tends to rattle when I go over speed bumps and rough roads or when taking corners. I think this is due to the metal expanding when hot.

I'm going to do the same thing cut off 1" where the pipe goes into the cat. I noticed that the rear rubber hanger is pushed towards the rear of the car a little. It looks like the catback pipe doesn't go in all the way. We noticed it was hard to get that pipe in easily during the install. Rudy joked about the cat being a virgin. We must have laughed for 5 minutes while trying to hammer that Catback pipe into the cat.

On a better note, boy does this exhaust sound incredible especially when going through an underpass. I find myself downshifting everytime I go under this one underpass near my house. The power gains are also impressive. I barely have to give it any gas to pass people. The thing just picks up and goes.

Good going guys
Old Feb 9, 2004, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

oK,
So I swapped out my Off road pipe, and the sound is incredible with the high flow cat. If the off road pipe is a 10, then high flow cat is a 6. unless your wide open with the throttle, then they are both screamin! this exhaust is SICK! And i mean that in a good way!

Quick Reply: Bushur turboback System!!!