Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bushur turboback System!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2003 | 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Bushur turboback System!!!

I just put on the Bushur Catback, downpipe and offroad pipe and it is unreal!!! The sound is like no other import and im running at 21 PSI as opposed to 19. Great price and a great company. I ordered parts online and by accident ordered the wrong exhaust. So instead of sending it and me sending it back and going through allt hat. Jerry calls me to square the right parts away. They are great. The sound is awesome!!! And just from experience, I would bet I will go from 13.9 to 13.3 or 4 easy. Not bad for 800$+. Now I cant wait for my black 5Zig rims to arrive Monday!!!!
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Would really like a sound clip of this exhaust if anyone can?

or if I missed that thread, sound clips of any of the full exhaust systems out there.

I'm not looking really to get louder, just more flow.
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, i agree. The sound is not overwhelming. Im not into the BIG sounding exhausts. It is perfect. And the flow is great!!! 2 PSI!??!?!
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

The EVO won't get loud no matter what exhaust you choose. No comparison to how loud a WRX is...
Old Sep 12, 2003 | 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Lose the cat and see how loud these cars can get...
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 03:41 AM

Is that exhaust a direct bolt on or do you have to get it welded on? did you buy the 3 inch cat convert?
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Great post about the Buschur exhaust system.....I cant wait, I will be getting mine in this week.
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Huscroft6
Yea, i agree. The sound is not overwhelming. Im not into the BIG sounding exhausts. It is perfect. And the flow is great!!! 2 PSI!??!?!
21 psi..
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

So you are talking about a catback not a new turboback system?
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, it does have some nice noise/sound ot it. Now that Ive dirven it for a day. The sound is awesome though. Ive learned and EVO can have sound if oyu lose the cat. No cat converter, offroad pipe which comes free with the downpipe. Yea, and i meant that it added 2PSI. The onyl comparison I can think of is that it sounds like some Ferrari's Ive heard sound. Very close actually. And you dont need to weld it. Also if you know someone that can pass you at Inspec time then go with the offroad pipe over the high flow cat. Makes a Huge diff in the volume and tone of the exhaust. And obv faster!!! But the sound is imcredible esp when you open it up. The only word i can think of when describing the sound is "mean".
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Sometimes it amazes me that peeps will advertise they drive with their cat off.

My opinion on the Busher. An evo here in the area has the exhaust set up. I have the Thermal catback (awaiting the downpipe still). Bushur sounded alright, kind of groggy. Thermal sounds very clean and deep with a nice zip. After hearing both side by side, Thermal sweeps competition. Anyways not hating, just some info. Vtech1 can probably help you order one if you like.
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Dont know what you mean, but the sound definetely isnt "groggy". And who cares if someone says they dont have a cat. Is the internet police gonna get us?? I know every sop in the area, still yet to pay for a single ticket in 11 years of driving and have a guy who passes my inspection. So who the heck cares if i say I dont have a Cat????
Old Sep 13, 2003 | 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by lancealott
Sometimes it amazes me that peeps will advertise they drive with their cat off.

My opinion on the Busher. An evo here in the area has the exhaust set up. I have the Thermal catback (awaiting the downpipe still). Bushur sounded alright, kind of groggy. Thermal sounds very clean and deep with a nice zip. After hearing both side by side, Thermal sweeps competition. Anyways not hating, just some info. Vtech1 can probably help you order one if you like.
Thanks for your opinion. But WTF does groggy mean? BTW, Buschur's exhaust sounds like an exhaust to me. I have it, no matter how many sound clips you hear, recording devices will vary as well as playback devices. You cannot compare sounds in this type of environment. Get the cars side by side, get a RTA and/or db meter and judge facts. What frequency are the exhausts at? What spl level at what distance. Then there will be evidence. Until then, they are all 3 in and all fit the friggin car. Good Night.
Old Sep 14, 2003 | 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

I cant wait to get mine installed
Old Sep 14, 2003 | 08:22 AM
In Timeout

I have had my Buschur for 4 weeks now, Soon to have the update test pipe (no cel)... A-

I have installed HKS and Apexi before and other flanged exhausts... I will GUARANTEE the Buschur has the straightest piping on the market and has the lightest piping on the market. This is exhaust has NO flanges, which is exceptional! This exhaust is SOOO much lighter than Apexi N1 piping its not even funny. The only thing I dislike is the tip design doesen't look at cool as an N1 tip. The exhaust has NO drone, if you run a straight pipe with an N1 at 75mph highway cruise you can barely hear the radio! At full throttle 5-7k rpm its probably as loud as any exhaust on the market, which I don't mind.

The only thing that sucks, is since I cannot go without a car for a day, I have to pay 70 bucks for the upgraded test pipe...Its 40 for them to convert my current pipe. Minor complaint, I would recommend Buschurracing, Z1 and Suprastore (If Z1 is sold out) for all your Evo needs.

Quick Reply: Bushur turboback System!!!