Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

signs of bad fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
signs of bad fuel pump?

i have been having a problem with my car starting when it wants to.. then 5 min later it bucks and dies..... after it dies it does absolutly nothing but crank. i have had a 255lph in the tank since the first week i bought the car which was about 8 months ago.. is it possible for the fuel pump to just go bad? ... it was weird.. the car started and i drove it for about 5 min.. went around a left hand turn after a stop sign.. and thats when it just died.. i got it started .. hurry up and tryed to get home fast.. boosted it in 2nd.. and the very second i hit 1.35bar it just fell flat on its face and dies.. and ideas guys i would like to figure out what this problem is by tomorrow for the local supra meet ...

ps. sorry if that makes no sense .. im running back and forth to the car and the computer to look at stuff and i am typing somewhat fast
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you still have your car's original FP? If so, reinstall it to see if that cures the problem.