Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Knocking - Pre Ignition issue

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A DTC should set for short term or long term fuel trim in that case.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have no desire to sustain this volley beyond this post.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the suggestion of travman and sparky, I have conducted a boost pressure test and checked all hoses & clamps in the engine bay. Result...everything is fine. I sat and pondered my situation and went ahead and did the following last night:

I disconnected the battery,
I re-adjusted my Ingalls Stiffy,
and I put back the stock BOV.

I drove this morning and the sound is not anywhere NEAR the amplitude and intesity that it had before (the "knocking" that I have been hearing). I am still skeptical though because the sound only comes AFTER the car has had a chance to warm up a bit, and I ONLY drove a few miles. So I am not sold on THAT yet. Is it possible that the ECU went out-of-whack for some reason and by "forcing" it to reset, it went back to its original maps...could it be a "software" issue? I still find it extremely hard to believe that the BOV had ANYTHING to do with it, but the Ingalls Stiffy is something that is perplexing, only because it HAS the ability to transfer harmonic distortions to components within the engine bay...

On another note, I have tried to get the EvoScan cable from the guys in NZ, but their website looks...dead (?)...I tried to email them because I need it shipped here, to Greece and their email link was also dead. Anyone know anything about that?

And once again, even though gasoline ratings use the RON method here in Greece (and I used 100 RON gas) it still gives me an (R+M)/2 rating of 96 octane...its not exactly sludge! I think I am still within the limits of what the car should be "drinking".

I'll keep you updated.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE: 3rd day since the "TEST" I performed with reverting to the stock components and still, no knocking (or WHATEVER that metal sound ends up being...IF I ever find out).

Anyone have any idea what's oging on with the Limitless guys in NZ? I am trying to get the Evoscan cable (openport 1.3) but their website seems...non-responsive.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yorgis_MR
UPDATE: 3rd day since the "TEST" I performed with reverting to the stock components and still, no knocking (or WHATEVER that metal sound ends up being...IF I ever find out).

Anyone have any idea what's oging on with the Limitless guys in NZ? I am trying to get the Evoscan cable (openport 1.3) but their website seems...non-responsive.
his user-name is evo4mad on here - try and pm him....