Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Converting clutch: Pull to Push style ?'s

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2009, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Converting clutch: Pull to Push style ?'s

I'm doing a clutch install this weekend and I purchased a Quartermaster Twin Disk from Adam at MAP and the clutch is a push style. And from what I can gather the only things that are taken out and not used again are the TOB fork, and the slave cylinder?
If any of you guys have some input or know exactly what is swapped out and not used in the conversion please post it up.. cause Friday morning (16th) starts the fun.

Also, I'm using Evo Motorsports write up on the clutch/flywheel replacement for reference so maybe someone replying could say along the lines of "on step -- where it says --- do this instead" or something along those lines hopefully to make things go as smooth as possible.. or a write up on the Push style clutch install would be great too!

Thanks in advance,
Nate
Old Jan 13, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck! its trial and error my friend... if you dd this car.. haha you re going to need to get used to the sounds this bish makes.. Hydraulic FTW!! awesome clutch..
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

you'll be happy with your new clutch...it's what I have...the install instructions are pretty good...

it is a ROUGH clutch in traffic though lol
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

but yeah you do not use the stock TOB, slave cylinder, or clutch fork
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Well the car already has AMS's Stg. 2 Cerametallic on it now... but it is completely gone, as in the car bucks in every gear at low rpm, 1k rpm jump from slippage.. take my foot completely off the clutch and it just starts to move.. fun fun!!
So really I don't think it will be all that bad since I'm used the grinding/howling noise the current one makes.. especially getting caught on a steep incline and inching your way up it and the clutch just sounding like your grinding the gears like no other. And yes the car is my DD, it was a huge difference going from OEM to the Stg. 2 Cerametallic as far as engagement (it was the first time I ever stalled a manual trans. car, and I did it 4 times on my way home from AMS alone!) but once I got used to it, no problems what so ever. We'll see though. Thanks for the info about what's not needed!