Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need Help Guys Real Badly!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BadBoy818_818
y have an head ace?
You mean "why? have a headache?" .... I think reading your paragraph GAVE HIM a headache... It gave me one too.

Dude, get someone that knows his stuff to work on your car, otherwise you will end up setting the whole thing on fire.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just hook everything in the engine bay back to how it was stock and go from there... if it still doesnt start then do a compression test
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy1065
just hook everything in the engine bay back to how it was stock and go from there... if it still doesnt start then do a compression test
if the compression test is easier let me that first, how do u do a compression test again?......you know i jus remeber iv'e had my boost controler turned off(the wires in the back off) while starting the engine could that have caused anything?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
You mean "why? have a headache?" .... I think reading your paragraph GAVE HIM a headache... It gave me one too.

Dude, get someone that knows his stuff to work on your car, otherwise you will end up setting the whole thing on fire.
Dont u understand im in a DIFFRENT COUNTRY I SHIPPED MY CAR FROM CALIFORNIA TO ARMENIA they ask whaat type of engine is it i tell them 4 cylinder 2 liter turbo with 300hp there eyez spin to the back of there heads , if they mess up my car , i cant sue them or get money from them or anything they''ll jus give me my ride even more F***ed up and say sorry there was nothing i can do
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

if the compression test is easier let me that first, how do u do a compression test again?......you know i jus remeber iv'e had my boost controler turned off(the wires in the back off) while starting the engine could that have caused anything?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-test-how.html
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Okay listen. I posted this above but i will again. Here is what you do.

1) Take out your spark plugs and take pictures and post them here.
2) Depending on #1 above do a compression test since your spark plugs are already out.
3) Depending on the results of #2 will dependon on if you need to do this step.

There is no reason your car should not start with the mods you have done. If you have performed the mods in the wrong way "put a filter on the intake pipe instead of a plug" that could have caused a engine failure which is why i want you to do the steps above. If the steps above are okay then there is another problem that just happen to show its face after the mods have been done.

Get back to us when you have at least done step #1.

Thanks
Chris
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

umm i'll do the put everything together first
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Okay listen. I posted this above but i will again. Here is what you do.

1) Take out your spark plugs and take pictures and post them here.
2) Depending on #1 above do a compression test since your spark plugs are already out.
3) Depending on the results of #2 will dependon on if you need to do this step.

There is no reason your car should not start with the mods you have done. If you have performed the mods in the wrong way "put a filter on the intake pipe instead of a plug" that could have caused a engine failure which is why i want you to do the steps above. If the steps above are okay then there is another problem that just happen to show its face after the mods have been done.

Get back to us when you have at least done step #1.

Thanks
Chris
ok
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

umm i'll do the put everything together first
man honestly please just go to a professional and have them figure out your problem. not tryin to be mean, it's just at times everyone needs help, I know I've needed help before lol

I'm sure they can do simple things such as compression tests, even though they prolly have never seen an evo
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy1065
man honestly please just go to a professional and have them figure out your problem. not tryin to be mean, it's just at times everyone needs help, I know I've needed help before lol

I'm sure they can do simple things such as compression tests, even though they prolly have never seen an evo
ur right ....but danmmmm if they mess up my evo then itstime
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

i mean more then it is know lol
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

some1 plz answer the question i put on this link
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

omg dude, did you honestly read the thread? People have given you the same things to do over and over and you havent done any of them.

as for how you hooked up the intake, you are wrong. it comes into the the intake filter, THROUGH THE MAF, and the maf reads how much air it gets, it then goes the turbo and such, unneeded air is then dumped back into the intake. That air though has already been accounted to by calculations in the ECU from readouts off the MAP and MAP sensors. It knows exactly how much air is in the system. This is why a boost leak screws things up also. the car believes it has a certain amount of air but then it is different due to the leak. In your case with the filter, it read how much air was in their, but then pulled more air into the little filter. in return the car was given less gas than it needed due to the recorded amount of air being less than it actually is.

The reason it didnt show up at first was it was just running lean. it took a few days because as it stayed lean it gradually started to hurt your internals. You need to do a compression check. but it sounds like your motor is seized up. any technician can do a compression check. doesnt matter what they work on, its all the same. as for you being able to do it, im not so sure.

the reason for the boom or pop sound from the exhaust when you try to start it is everytime you try to start it you are dumoing more fuel into the engine. after you get so much built up the spack will ignite it and backfire. but what it sounds like is wrong is your internals are frozen up and not allowing it to crank over. its just dumping in fuel and then sparking, trying to get it to fire.

take it to a certified technician. the way it sounds i dont think they can hurt it anymore than it already is.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

well..... makes my car more rare lol
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my car wont start , the starter works fine and i have charge in my battery , the only upgrades ive done to my car is a turbo timer , greddy profec B EBC , and took out the stock bov from the intake hole to make that woosh sound and covered the intake hole with a filter it worked all fine till (a few days after)i was working on the car i dont remember what i was doin , but i knw for a fact it had to do with the turbo timer , bov , or EBC , i was listen to music at the same time , then the music turned off , i noticed that my cars battery died i was starting it , it would make this clatclatclatclat sound fast , my dad said that happends to all cars that dont have enough power to start the spark plugs , so ok i replace the battery now the starter works but the car wont turn on(idle means car stay on right?).....y?i tried starting the car while pumping the gas ,no works , checked all fueses ...........help plz
correct,.....and sometimes it makes a boom sound from the exhaust
This is one long thread. So many assclowns in one place too..

Here's what you do first — take one spark plug out and see if it's wet with fuel. If it is you need to do this:
1. Put the spark plug back in.
2. Remove fuel pump fuse from the fuse box under the hood. If you cant find this fuse do #3 while holding the gas pedal down to the floor (WOT)
3. Crank the car (turn key to start and hold it while the engine is turning and trying to start) for 30 sec or so a couple of times.
4. Remove all spark plugs
5. If you can see fuel in the cylinders, let the car sit without plugs for at least a couple of hours.
6. Install brand new spark plugs
7. Put the fuse back in and start the car.

Last edited by mplspilot; Jan 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Need Help Guys Real Badly!!!