Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need Help Guys Real Badly!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowevo82
How can you daily drive with a atmospheric blow off valve on a daily basis withought stalling or leaning out your a/f ratio with a maf set up.
Tune it to run richer. People have they're car tuned with a vta bov all the time. You could get the hks eids (I think that's whats it called) to help with the stalling. I'm not recommending it, i'm just correcting you.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
no **** you can, but eventually it WILL lead to problems. some sooner than others.
You sure about that? It's not guarenteed that it WILL lead to problems..... There's plenty of evo's on here with vta bov that are at 70k+ miles without an issue.... I'm not promoting it in any sense.. I'm just saying....
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

yea, they almost always end up with either stalling problems or running lean. The cars computer will eventually see whats going on and the computer will freak out.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

yea, they almost always end up with either stalling problems or running lean. The cars computer will eventually see whats going on and the computer will freak out.
You can tune it to run more rich.... And yes it will stall, but there is things you can do (like installing the Hks eids) to help with it...
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts
Im done with this thread its giving me a headache. I was unaware they made a bov to correct your maft readings *rolls eyes*
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

why would you want to drive a car around that randomly stals out. just think, what happens if it stalls out in the middle of an intersection and BAM! to me that isnt running correctly.

As for the eids, to me that is a band-aid, not a fix. when you spend this much on a car, it should run perfect, not patched up to run ok so that you can make a cool sound infront of you honda friends.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

its not a bov, its an electronic idle stabilizer. Its a patch for a bad situation that doesnt actually fix it.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yellowevo82
Im done with this thread its giving me a headache. I was unaware they made a bov to correct your maft readings *rolls eyes*
Are you illiterate? And by the way it's maf not maft.... *MAF-Mass air flow*
I said vta bov's will make your car stall and run more lean.. But to help with those two problems you can tune it to run richer. And for the stalling problem, install the Hks Eids.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you Brian! I was waiting for you to get my back. Im sorry but there is no way you can run this on an evo and expect the motor to stay in tact. Its bull crap. To me its another crazy, money making part that is garbage. Ill stick to what works.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

why would you want to drive a car around that randomly stals out. just think, what happens if it stalls out in the middle of an intersection and BAM! to me that isnt running correctly.

As for the eids, to me that is a band-aid, not a fix. when you spend this much on a car, it should run perfect, not patched up to run ok so that you can make a cool sound infront of you honda friends.
Lol like I said man, i'm completly against vta bov's without emanage also... But i'm just stating that there are ways you can do it and have it run ALMOST like it would with a DV lol
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

I got a headache from reading this thread. Definitely one of EvoM's epic fail threads.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Nope im stupid , but if i am correct if you type fast you will notice the T on the keyboard is right above the F . Stop pickin out stupid stuff that doesnt matter. I know what a MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR IS...
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

You would of noticed i explained it to this kid who started the thread on the 2nd or 3rd page
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

^^haha, agreed.

I just dont believe in patches just to make a swoosh sound. I prefer to go stealth and then just beat the heII out of unsuspecting cars. Yes I run a tial but my car is set-up with every possible part there is. i dont cheap out on parts. I go with what is pruven to work and make power.

I would rather save up and do it right the first time and know everything is safe, than to throw cheap ebay crap at it and haf-way things just to say i have them.

Too many people campare part z to part z when in fact they arent the same at all. Ebay will never match the true component. the real one will always either flow better, be lighter, or stronger. Ebay companies are out to make money for themselves. not help out others.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^^ I agree. I buy what works and is pruven. I have lost alot of respect for hks. I have heard bad things about their exhausts rusting out. But now this? This is all my own opinion i dont want a response. Call me a groupie, call me a checkbook racer, but this is why i support buschur. No matter what people have said on here about him and said about what he has done for my own personal car. He has not forced me to buy anything i do not need or did he ever put me in the wrong direction.

Quick Reply: Need Help Guys Real Badly!!!