Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need Help Guys Real Badly!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help Guys Real Badly!!!

my car wont start , the starter works fine and i have charge in my battery , the only upgrades ive done to my car is a turbo timer , greddy profec B EBC , and took out the stock bov from the intake hole to make that woosh sound and covered the intake hole with a filter it worked all fine till (a few days after)i was working on the car i dont remember what i was doin , but i knw for a fact it had to do with the turbo timer , bov , or EBC , i was listen to music at the same time , then the music turned off , i noticed that my cars battery died i was starting it , it would make this clatclatclatclat sound fast , my dad said that happends to all cars that dont have enough power to start the spark plugs , so ok i replace the battery now the starter works but the car wont turn on(idle means car stay on right?).....y?i tried starting the car while pumping the gas ,no works , checked all fueses ...........help plz

Last edited by BadBoy818_818; Jan 14, 2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:25 PM
Account Disabled

wow
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
wait wait, you covered your intake hole where your bov was? Where is your bov now? Turbo timer is self explanitory i dont think you messed that up. How did you hook up your ebc?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you took off your bov? that could be your problem
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

no the bov is just pulled out of the intake hole , the other side is still connected to the pipe and the intake hole is covered with a filter , i connected the turbo outlet pipe to the soliniod and the waste gate to it on the COM & NO i dont remeber wich 1 is wichs but i knw 4 a fact that its connected right check 100x
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

You need to explain better, what it sounds to me is your bov is wrong. You need to keep it recirculated (assuming your still maf setup) You stated you put a filter covering the air intake pipe? You cant do that. If you were going to hook up your bov to your intercooler piping you would still need to recirculate it back to the air intake. Cant even leave one side off, your sending bad readings back to your maf sensor.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

you need a rubber plug on the intake if you are going to cover it. A filter is just causing a massive boost leak. That will at least make it stall.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

what happens if u use low ocatane gas?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So your BOV is on your car then? R u saying you relocated it or just disconnected it? So you have a filter on the intake where the BOV was connected, but what is on the BOV then??

I'm having a hard time following you bud...

YOU shouldn't use low octane gas in our cars...in case of emergencies only. But it should start regardless of fuel octane if all else is fine.

Last edited by SilverShadow03; Jan 14, 2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
you need a rubber plug on the intake if you are going to cover it. A filter is just causing a massive boost leak. That will at least make it stall.
so could dat be he probleme i tryed starting it a couple times after let go of the starter it mad a bohh sound and i think it came out from the exhaust or engine ,not loud i berly herd it but sence im in a garage i felt it vibrate
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

celica2evo (brian) thats not fixing his problem only if he is non maf, if he is maf you cant plug that section up. Not unless there is something new i dont know about. Sounds like his bov is not recirculating and causing a/f probs

If your running low octane your car will have high knock counts, detination and buck really bad.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would start by returning your BOV back to how it was stock and see if that solves the starting issue.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
So your BOV is on your car then? R u saying you relocated it or just disconnected it? So you have a filter on the intake where the BOV was connected, but what is on the BOV then??

I'm having a hard time following you bud...

YOU shouldn't use low octane gas in our cars...in case of emergencies only. But it should start regardless of fuel octane if all else is fine.
theres 2 ends of a bov right?
1 end is connected to the pipe that comes after the intercooler i think and the other end is supose to be connected to the intake but i disconnected that part so instead of shooting the air into the intake it shoots it into the atmosphereto make that woosh sound and it worked i tested it
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

I understand that it wont fix his problem, but it wouldnt hurt.

Im assuming stcok computer? If so, take the filter off and recirculate your BOV.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

You cant do that!! Thats what i was saying! Please listen to me Badboy. Your maf relies on your recirculation. You have to recirculate you cant do that cause your not running an engine managment. You have to go back to recirculating till you buy an ems.

Quick Reply: Need Help Guys Real Badly!!!