Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Project Hush (Quietest 3" Exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TGZ
This sounds really interesting and it will probably be a great solution.

Anyone else have any experience using this active silencer? I wonder how it holds up to abuse over the long term.
I've had the thing for about 2 years and it seems to be holding up pretty well. It is a pretty simple design and seems to be very well built, out of stainless steel. I can't imagine how it would fail, it's just a big honking spring pressing against a donut. But then, I have not tracked my car yet. All I've done is normal street driving. I would probably remove it if I went to the track, just because of the psychological effect of knowing something is there in my exhaust pipe, and because I don't care if my car is loud at the track.

I too am interested in hearing about other people's experience with this silencer. I am the only person that I know who has it.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I use the active silencer, on a Magnaflow Ti exhaust. Makes a very noticale difference , although you can still tell its a modified exhaust by the tone and put put noise.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
I use the active silencer, on a Magnaflow Ti exhaust. Makes a very noticale difference , although you can still tell its a modified exhaust by the tone and put put noise.
Have you also dyno'ed your car with and without the silencer? I am curious whether other people got the same results that I did.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:23 PM
TGZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
What kind of modifications did you have to make to fit it to your exhaust? I wonder if it can easily be made to fit others.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Bolt in, I'm goin to get tuned in ten day. Once I get tuned more safely, ill see if I can do back to back ..