Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Motor Mount VS Torque Stiffy Damper

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya! where can we get a hold these? very interested.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:50 PM
E7R
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sinpul
ya! where can we get a hold these? very interested.
72$ HERE
Old Jan 19, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Blox front mount and love it. I want to get the side mounts too one of these days.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by metal4all6
I have the Blox front mount and love it. I want to get the side mounts too one of these days.
the blox is a front mount??? Or a side mount? or do they make all fo them??

Because the Agency Power one is like 130 for the front mount. Which is alot in my eyes
Old Jan 19, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by metal4all6
How much additional vibration can be felt?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

I currently have the polyurathane inserts for the left & right mounts. Am considering to get the inserts for the front lower mount as well.

Understand there will definitely be improvements but is it gonna be vibrating much more or not much of a difference?

Thanx

Last edited by motoxxx55; Jan 19, 2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Jan 19, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

I have top stiffy and bottom insert (ams); there is a increase in vibration at idle and cruising; it is noticeable if you are use to luxury car but nothing too much to make you uninstall them; i myself can only drive the for 2 hours straight before ill start having a sore back (and a headache because my car is that loud - air intake,buschur port/ex mani,dc sport DP,invidia o2 housing,turbo xs catback); you should also look into removing the clutch restrictor and getting shifter bushings for the lines and the base if you have not done so, these make a huge difference when shifting.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cpoku
I have top stiffy and bottom insert (ams); there is a increase in vibration at idle and cruising; it is noticeable if you are use to luxury car but nothing too much to make you uninstall them; i myself can only drive the for 2 hours straight before ill start having a sore back (and a headache because my car is that loud - air intake,buschur port/ex mani,dc sport DP,invidia o2 housing,turbo xs catback); you should also look into removing the clutch restrictor and getting shifter bushings for the lines and the base if you have not done so, these make a huge difference when shifting.
Clutch restrictor?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Casper.
the blox is a front mount??? Or a side mount? or do they make all fo them??

Because the Agency Power one is like 130 for the front mount. Which is alot in my eyes

As far as I know, Blox only makes the lower front mount.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PlanoEvo
How much additional vibration can be felt?
Personally, I don't think there is much vibration at all with just the lower front mount. It can only really be felt when your car is stopped, and even then, it's mainly in the steering wheel. I've had the mount on my car for a while now and I don't notice it anymore.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tnastyevo8
+1000000
Have the blox motor mount on my car...AMAZING difference. does all the above.
inexpensive fix
agreed - a good motor mount, and has substantially changed my car's dynamics:

1. NVH - a lot of haven't really described this in much detail, but I would have to say, with S1 cams, that my idle vibration has gone up about 33%. It is felt through the steering wheel, but at certain rpm, you feel odd vibrations in the car - it's raw, uncensored, and definitely cool, just not sure how long it'll be before it gets old.
This is all on a cold day - which will amplify NVH anyhow; I'll report in the summer times.

2. On and off acceleration - substantial improvement in the annoying bucking and thunking I used to get on the highway whenever I let my foot slightly off the accelerator (stiff BOV owners, rejoice!) Improvement of about 35% here.

3. Shifting - this is by far the largest improvement; I guess the slop from the original mount (mind you I had 60k miles on that original mount!) left a lot to be desired in this department. Nice, precise, shifts in 1-2 and 4-5 especially. All together more solid = improvement of at least 40% in this department.

As with all aftermarket modifications, it's a balance. If this is your DD and you want to keep your EVO as quiet as stock, then walk away. If points' #2 and #3 above matter to you, then give it a try - reasonably easy to install and uninstall at a shop as long as you have the correct tools!

PM with other questions, KUDOS to SpeedElement and Blox for a great product at reasonable pricing.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by motoxxx55
Clutch restrictor?
http://evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tPa...485bbb1596f674
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

I had my tuner upgrade my motor mount to a more solid one. He charged me $50 for the part and labor. It has made a big difference in my Evo's shifting. There is slightly more vibration in the cabin, but the new motor mount is still more than worth it to me. Go for the motor mount.....HANDS DOWN!!!!!
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Glad i saw this! Shifting has got way different through time with my car. Going to see what this Blox Mount can do to improve this.

Quick Reply: Motor Mount VS Torque Stiffy Damper