Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Motor Mount VS Torque Stiffy Damper

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx for the pointer. Had tat taken care of when I installed the Carbonetics clutch.
Wat i didn't know was that thing the mechanic removed was the restrictor.

lol
Old Jan 21, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by motoxxx55
Thanx for the pointer. Had tat taken care of when I installed the Carbonetics clutch.
Wat i didn't know was that thing the mechanic removed was the restrictor.

lol
np
Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

I used the Ingals stiff at first and it worked for a while .. then eventually... i guess the damper failer... i upgraded to the Buschur insert.. that worked great for a while too... then the insert started working its way out of the mount... it wouldnt have come out all the way for obvious reasons... Im not sure what caused the mount to start doing this.. anyways... i just ordered the Blox replacement mount and we'll see how it goes
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by WickedWhtMR
anyways... i just ordered the Blox replacement mount and we'll see how it goes

ah where the hell did you get it at?? Everyone is out of them that I have tried. Ordered from a few places only to have them cancel.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

I have a black BLOX front engine mount for sale. $60 shipped. PM me if interested.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

im having problems in shifting but only while racing ,normal driving is fine ..
ive changed my clutch ,transmission oil and my transmission is in perfect condition ...
do i need the new motor mounts to improve my shifting ?
which mount shud i get as i dun want alota vibration also ..
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Isn't blox gonna startaking them again soon?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Man it seems overwhelming that people say MMs over TD. I picked up a TD because I thought it would be easier for a DD. Was I mistaken? It hasn't arrived yet.. due to arrive today.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Koroshiya
Man it seems overwhelming that people say MMs over TD. I picked up a TD because I thought it would be easier for a DD. Was I mistaken? It hasn't arrived yet.. due to arrive today.
Go back to page 1 and read this thread. I have a Stiffy for sale if anybody wants one. AMS Poly mounts FTW
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
Go back to page 1 and read this thread. I have a Stiffy for sale if anybody wants one. AMS Poly mounts FTW
I did. The question was...

all i want is less movement in engine compartment, less wheel hop, and precise shifts. which one does all of this better?
The results were...

Motor mount easily. Get the front mount to start. Easy install and cheaper than a stiffy.

your going to need more then 1 motor mount to do it rt...however thats the rt solution. you will need the frt, and then at least both sides. installation isn that bad and price is good for the urethane mounts.

i have all motor mounts and they are great. the only bad thing is that it will shake your kidneys out. lol

You don't need anything other than the front/tranny mount. I broke two of them Stiffythingies before replacing the front one and no trouble since.
Leave the sides and read mounts stock if you don't want extra vibrations.

The Avid set of motor mounts has a durometer rating of 75A rather than 90A like the rest --- it'll provide much less vibration.

t's more work to make the Stiffy quiet than it is to just get the motor mounts. I got more noise from my Stiffy even when I had tons of o-rings, plastic washers, dynamat all over the mounts, etc etc. The motor mounts don't make any noise and only cause the steering wheel to vibrate a tad at idle, thats it.

I have the stiffy in the car now, it rattles and is very annoying. I have a AMS front mount ready to go in. The damper is coming out!!

Motor mount...do the front and sides if you can, but do not do the rear one. That's the one that will cause all hell to vibrate.

this blox bushing is having massive reviews and reported as massively improving shifts with much less vibration than the top engine damper types.

Have the blox motor mount on my car...AMAZING difference. does all the above.
inexpensive fix

I have the Blox front mount and love it. I want to get the side mounts too one of these days.

Personally, I don't think there is much vibration at all with just the lower front mount. It can only really be felt when your car is stopped, and even then, it's mainly in the steering wheel.

I had my tuner upgrade my motor mount to a more solid one. He charged me $50 for the part and labor. It has made a big difference in my Evo's shifting. There is slightly more vibration in the cabin, but the new motor mount is still more than worth it to me. Go for the motor mount.....HANDS DOWN!!!!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

some body help me solve my problem i asked b4..
Old May 20, 2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Wicked E
I have a black BLOX front engine mount for sale. $60 shipped. PM me if interested.
Installed the blox front mount this past weekend from Wicked E. Thanks again!

It works awesome guys...My cabin doesn't shake at all. Like people have said in other threads the car just sounds different..lol

Highly recommend as the shifting is much better now.