Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

QuarterMaster Twin Disc 7.25" V-Drive Clutch / Flywheel (DSM)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any more feedback on this clutch? I just popped the stupid TOB retainer clip from my Exedy twin disc last night for the 3rd time!! NO MORE. Time to switch to a push style.

This clutch seems like a great purchase..how does it stack up to the tilton twin disc with the push style conversion? Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nissan2Evo
any more feedback on this clutch? I just popped the stupid TOB retainer clip from my Exedy twin disc last night for the 3rd time!! NO MORE. Time to switch to a push style.

This clutch seems like a great purchase..how does it stack up to the tilton twin disc with the push style conversion? Thanks.

I have the Tilton, and get the Quartermaster.

You can get the QM with a Hydraulic TOB. If I had to do it all over again, I would just get the QM. The Tilton is too much money compared to the QM. Fortunately, I picked up my Tilton used.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
here is some really good reading and info.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ence-here.html

im also still up in the air about what the hell i am doing. either QM or tilton. i cant be sold on each as no one can make me feel confertable with what i am looking for.

hope that thread helps
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nissan2Evo

i also have a great thread on the tilton twin ceramitallic. just do a search through my user name.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

I'm honestly leaning towards the Tilton twin cerametallic setup. Mainly because of parts rebuildability, availability, and if needed can upgrade to the carbon/carbon setup. All that might be worth the extra $$ now then regretting it later. The QM does look great though!

Regardless either will be better than this freaking pull style Exedy!!!
Old Feb 14, 2009, 01:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I think the QM is probably the most affordable rebuild you will find when it comes to these twins, and we always have the rebuild kits available
Old Feb 14, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

What I really want to know is, my car is a daily driven car. Which one will work better for me?
Exedy Twin or Quartermaster?
Old Feb 14, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIIIAj
What I really want to know is, my car is a daily driven car. Which one will work better for me?
Exedy Twin or Quartermaster?
For a daily driver... Definitely the Exedy Twin .. It will last a lot longer than the QM as well, since the QM's are known not to last very long in a daily driven car.. Even if it is not beat.. and Plus the Exedy has bigger Disks compared to the QM.. which means more surface area..
Old Feb 14, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

IMHO you would want the Exedy twin. for me it has lasted over 35k hard miles and still going strong. its a great DD clutch and never let me down.

the QM or tiltin imo is gonna be more of a race ready clutch witch does not seem to last as long ''as my research has shown'' and will be a PITA to drive on the streets. i have driven one before and it is much tougher and as my self i would not mind it but for some it may be to much. i cant emagine it on a hill though. lol
Old Feb 14, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

does anyone know if qm is trying to do something about the life of their twin disc clutches? I don't really daily drive mine, but it would be nice to not worry about it for a while
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I put a Quartermaster in my DD EVO When I owned it. The current owner is an employee here and the clutch probably has over 20,000 miles on it. I was expecting it to crap out by now, but (IMHO) if it is adjusted correctly and is driven corrently I don't see why it shouldn't last for awhile. The disk are very meaty compared to the .0157" thick Exedy disk.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by maperformance
I put a Quartermaster in my DD EVO When I owned it. The current owner is an employee here and the clutch probably has over 20,000 miles on it. I was expecting it to crap out by now, but (IMHO) if it is adjusted correctly and is driven corrently I don't see why it shouldn't last for awhile. The disk are very meaty compared to the .0157" thick Exedy disk.

how thick are the disks compared to the tilton twin ceramitallic??
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by maperformance
I think the QM is probably the most affordable rebuild you will find when it comes to these twins, and we always have the rebuild kits available
How much is the rebuild kit for this clutch?

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maperformance rules btw!! Bought my Quartermaster from them great price great shipping...........of course I then sold the car, but you get the point.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

So what are the specs on this clutch as far as what power it is capable of holding?

Quick Reply: QuarterMaster Twin Disc 7.25" V-Drive Clutch / Flywheel (DSM)