Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Looking for a quieter exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
With dual tips, you'd have to modify the opening in the bumper. Maybe with a 36" resonator after the cat delete we can achieve ultra quietness. Do you know what is the largest diameter round can resonator that will clear the drive shaft?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get A Road Race Engineering Turbo Back Exhaust Real Quite But Under Boost Sounds Really Good Check Mine Out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLQprcZXZpM
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

I'd say the cobb system would be your best bet.You wont sacrifice performance and its definitely quiet.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by URBANRCR
I'd say the cobb system would be your best bet.You wont sacrifice performance and its definitely quiet.
I'm not sure I like the way the muffler is angled up under in the back and how the tip is angled to make it come out straight. Do you have a picture down low looking at the back of the car...kinda like at floor level?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
why not get a Varex muffler, I am sure you have the equiv in the states.

adjustable noise, 3" (well almost 3"), super quiet (even quieter than stock) to almost 3" cannon noise.

remote control allows for incabin adjustment. great for cop infected areas, parking in carparks without drawing attention, or coming home late at night.

</end advert>
Old Jan 21, 2009, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Heres is a picture why Fujitsubo exhausts are so quiet. This exhaust is from evo 1-3 catback. The piping is metric just over 3 inch. Looks free flowing from outside. But wow look at how the resonator necks down on inside. Add to that the preferated tube is collapsing from age and you have one very stock like quiet muffler.I also have meagan e-bay evo 8 exhaust and the resonator on that muffler necks down to similar size. I am building exhaust for my evo1 right now. I was able to sqeeze meagan rear muffler from evo 8 to fit were cat usually lives. Then I will add offset/offset rear magnaflow or borla. offset/offset mufflers are a good bit quieter than center in / center oiut mufflers.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Jan 21, 2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by LANCEREvo9MR
Get A Road Race Engineering Turbo Back Exhaust Real Quite But Under Boost Sounds Really Good Check Mine Out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLQprcZXZpM
That was not quiet my friend. I had the RRE in the past as well.

Originally Posted by miragevo
I'm not sure I like the way the muffler is angled up under in the back and how the tip is angled to make it come out straight. Do you have a picture down low looking at the back of the car...kinda like at floor level?
I had the cobb as well, trust me it looked good.

Old Jan 21, 2009, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Heres is a picture why Fujitsubo exhausts are so quiet. This exhaust is from evo 1-3 catback. The piping is metric just over 3 inch. Looks free flowing from outside. But wow look at how the resonator necks down on inside. Add to that the preferated tube is collapsing from age and you have one very stock like quiet muffler.I also have meagan e-bay evo 8 exhaust and the resonator on that muffler necks down to similar size. I am building exhaust for my evo1 right now. I was able to sqeeze meagan rear muffler from evo 8 to fit were cat usually lives. Then I will add offset/offset rear magnaflow or borla. offset/offset mufflers are a good bit quieter than center in / center oiut mufflers.

Thank you!!!!!
Old Jan 21, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I was under the impression that the RRE Stealth exhaust was very quiet. On LANCEREvo9MR video his exhaust does sound nice, but it's still pretty loud. I've been wanting to to tone down my exhaust sound for a while and will be looking into a black Vibrant muffler along with a resonator.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:58 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mugen777
I am looking for a way to quiet down my existing exhaust system without hurting performance if at all possible. I would like to buy a different muffler (or rear section). Right now I just have a 3" turbo back, no cat, and a standard no name muffler.

I like the look of the Buschur Bullet setup, would it be quieter though if I just purchased the rear section?

Any other input is appreciated, thanks!

Here is how loud it is now... about a 1:45 or so in is the exhaust clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1hsHMWs2I
I have buschur's bullet exhaust is very aggressive sounding and louder then what you have now,but the sound of it is so worth it if heard about every single exhaust out there a by far this one beats them all in sound and power wise nothing spund's like it expecially at wot throttle.If you want you can run buschur's bullet tbe and buy just the bullet muffler and put it were your test is that will do the trick and your pick more power over your existing setup that you have now and will be quieter and lighter.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 05:07 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ml#post7201913
Old Jun 29, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

+1 one the Cobb TBE with High flow cat! I am running the Buschur with Bullit as well and will be going to Cobb with the test pipe to quiet it down!