Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ATI Superdamper

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATI Superdamper

Thought I would post a pic of this, just came for my build that im doing and its a really nice piece in person.

Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:49 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its garbage. The Fluidamper is much better, easier to install, does not require custom belts to work and does not fail like the ATi.

Ask us how we know.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fluidampr is much better.. The ATI will throw accessory belts off like no tomorrow..
Old Jan 24, 2009, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe I will return in and go for the other option, thanks for the fast input
Old Jan 24, 2009, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1320awd
Maybe I will return in and go for the other option, thanks for the fast input
I would strongly suggest returning it because it will bite you in the *** from 1st hand experience.. We stock the fluidampr if you need.. Thanks!!

Mike
Old Jan 24, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Mike , I think I will do that, do you know if the head and the block have been sent out, just pm me when you can
Old Jan 24, 2009, 02:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1320awd
Thanks Mike , I think I will do that, do you know if the head and the block have been sent out, just pm me when you can
The Buschur block is on the way.. The head should be in my hands next week and shipped soon as it arrives.. let me know if you want the damper and i can throw it in with the head and save you some shipping.. Thanks!!

Mike
Old Jan 24, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Its garbage. The Fluidamper is much better, easier to install, does not require custom belts to work and does not fail like the ATi.

Ask us how we know.
What fails?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SeanC
What fails?
Ive never seen it fail itself but i have spit accessory belts off it time after time until i swiitched to fluidampr.. another evo at the track the same day it happened to me had it happen to them with the same damper thats when i figured it out..

Mike
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

fluid dampener is AWSOME!! I would def get one if you have any sort of built engine.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Ive never seen it fail itself but i have spit accessory belts off it time after time until i swiitched to fluidampr.. another evo at the track the same day it happened to me had it happen to them with the same damper thats when i figured it out..

Mike
Hmm...the damper may need different o-rings. One advantage of the ATI damper is that it can be custom tailored for different applications. Fluidampr is a good product, but doesn't offer this same flexibility. Variables such as stroke, engine type (V8, Inline 4, Inline 6, etc.), RPM and power can all change the demands of the damper. ATI makes a very good quality product, they are used exclusively in every NASCAR engine (9000 RPM for 500+ miles). I will talk with their tech department and find out why this problem occured...I have one myself ready to go on my engine.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The other issue with the ATI is that you have to remove the timing belt to install it, and it's a press fit on the crank.

TTP used to sell them before the Fluidampner came out and they experimented with both and demonstrated the Fluidampner to be much easier to install and better working
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i'll be buying the fluidamper for my 2g soon. all the fast honda guys run them on their sfwd builds.

Eddie Rosado
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

Ask us how we know.
FLUIDDAMPR AND TTP FTMFW!!!! MINE WORKS WONDERFULLY...
very noticeable at high rpms....
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SeanC
Hmm...the damper may need different o-rings. One advantage of the ATI damper is that it can be custom tailored for different applications. Fluidampr is a good product, but doesn't offer this same flexibility. Variables such as stroke, engine type (V8, Inline 4, Inline 6, etc.), RPM and power can all change the demands of the damper. ATI makes a very good quality product, they are used exclusively in every NASCAR engine (9000 RPM for 500+ miles). I will talk with their tech department and find out why this problem occured...I have one myself ready to go on my engine.
1 of the other issues is the size of the pulley.. Its oversized which means it over drives everything linked to it.. the alternator is now spinning more RPM, waterpump etc.. Sure it might work in nascar because they spent more time developing it.. Doesnt mean the company sucks, its just not properly built for the Evo IMO..

Mike

Quick Reply: ATI Superdamper