Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Line: LancerShop vs Alamo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2003, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Line: LancerShop vs Alamo

Similar question has been asked before in other threads but no real answers have been provided. What is the difference between the LancerShop $50 line and the Alamo $70 clutch line?

They are both SS braided, as far as I can tell and they both provide the install hardware.

Is one longer than the other? Could people post the lengths of the stock line, the LancerShop line and the Alamo line please.

Is one thicker diameter than the other? Please post OD and if possible ID.

Is the quality of line line/components different? Probably can't answer that one.

Are the components different?

Just asking factual questions here. Please post just facts. Not looking for posts like "The xxx line is great!" or "both will do the job!", "I have xxx line in my car and its great!", "me too's", etc. We already know that. The goal is to find out what the differences are other then the price.

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2003, 12:51 PM
slt
Evolved Member

I think the only difference is that the lancershop doesn't have a clear rubber protective coating where as the Alamo line does.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

I'd like to hear some feedback also, and I'd like to know the cheapest place to get one shipped.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 08:43 PM
EvoM Guru

The Bonez clutch line sold by Alamo retails for $59 not $70. I don't know what shipping method is used, but for $11 1-2 day, FEDEX?
Apparently no one has the $49 LancerShop line, I guess for $10 no one wants to take a chance?
Hopefully the pic on there web site is not the actual line because there is no center fitting in that pic. It's just $50-$60 hose, take chance buy buy one and let us know how it goes.