Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

T3 Twin scroll turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by juanmedina
I am sorry Scorke but it seems that you have no knowledge about Subaru's. Stock location suck period, they are laggy, is hard to installed big stock lotation turbos.

I wish the subaru's FP red was anything like the Evo FP red, the subaru FP red fully spools by 4700-5000 rpm makes about 450whp on pump gas and we can only rev to 7000-7500 on the stock engine
Maybe you're overlooking the HTA Green for the WRX. It's got the same compressor wheel as the EVO Red, which is a billet 56 lb/min wheel with far greater efficiency than the antiquated 60-1 used in the DSM and WRX "Red". I'd imagine on a 2.5 Subie the HTA Green would spool by around 4k at the latest and easily support your power goals.

If you insist on going div. T3, as I said previously you'd love a BW S256. It'll spool fast and support the power you're looking for and then some. The div. T3 housings they come with are matched to the power levels of the wheels and won't choke it down, unlike most of the div. T3 hotsides being used on Garretts.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

How much do you think I will make on pump gas with 6262 500whp?
Probably more than that, I think people are starting to make 700-800hp on them now. If a green or a red spool too slowly for you, you're pretty much screwed. They're some of the fastest spooling, and probably won't be beat by any twin scroll T3 turbo as far as spool. You can make your power goals on them easy. A twin scroll t3 is just not ideal, you're probably doing more harm than good at that point.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JakeTheVIII
Probably more than that, I think people are starting to make 700-800hp on them now. If a green or a red spool too slowly for you, you're pretty much screwed. They're some of the fastest spooling, and probably won't be beat by any twin scroll T3 turbo as far as spool. You can make your power goals on them easy. A twin scroll t3 is just not ideal, you're probably doing more harm than good at that point.
oaky I talk to the guy who has the 6262 single scroll and he makes 450whp on 93oct at 20 psi at 4500rpm in 3rd, the think is that as you all know this is an additing hobbie if I get the red or the green and I get the need for more power there is not other stock location turbo that can make more power. So i will have to sell my green or red and than buy the rotated kit again, so in the long run it will cost me more.

thanks
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

oaky I talk to the guy who has the 6262 single scroll and he makes 450whp on 93oct at 20 psi at 4500rpm in 3rd, the think is that as you all know this is an additing hobbie if I get the red or the green and I get the need for more power there is not other stock location turbo that can make more power. So i will have to sell my green or red and than buy the rotated kit again, so in the long run it will cost me more.

thanks
That's not a lot of power for the 6262. You can make that on a green or a red. But, I understand completely what you mean, and you're probably right...You will want more after one of those. All I meant to explain was that your stated power goals could be achieved on either of those.

Check this out: Mike@AWD makes 780+whp on the 6262- He's running E85 but still, it's capable of something like this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...turbo-e85.html
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

That's not a lot of power for the 6262. You can make that on a green or a red. But, I understand completely what you mean, and you're probably right...You will want more after one of those. All I meant to explain was that your stated power goals could be achieved on either of those.

Check this out: Mike@AWD makes 780+whp on the 6262- He's running E85 but still, it's capable of something like this:

Yeah man, maybe the 6062? And it seems like T3 and twin scroll sucks, so I am going to sell a kidney and buy the full- race. T4 kit.

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah man, maybe the 6062? And it seems like T3 and twin scroll sucks, so I am going to sell a kidney and buy the full- race. T4 kit.

Thanks
Or you could of just heeded the advice of the first reply of this thread.....
IF you want to go twin scroll and flow that much air go with a t4 twin scroll based turbo, the t3 twin scroll options for our displacement/power needs are not really adequate up top.

Scorke

Scorke
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:19 AM

The STI in question is a stock heads/cams car with a T4 .68 BB 6262 on 20lbs and 18* peak timing. It is ALL IN at 4300rpm in 4th gear using 73% of the 1000cc injector at 7200rpm compared to 68% on the SC6169SP T4 .81 that was on it previously.

We're literally just beginning to see the start of how great this little turbo is. With that said, Precision doesn't even make a twin scroll housing for these turbos so your twin scroll dreams for this turbo is moot.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:21 AM

Another thing, you guys saying stick with a stock location turbo.. Going rotated is 100 times easier. Changing the turbo is cake, you don't have to run a ridiculous inlet pipe that takes hours to install and collapses under high boost. The FP Reds are like 1400$ which is MORE than a 6262.. so cost is another factor.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ITS n STI
The STI in question is a stock heads/cams car with a T4 .68 BB 6262 on 20lbs and 18* peak timing. It is ALL IN at 4300rpm in 4th gear using 73% of the 1000cc injector at 7200rpm compared to 68% on the SC6169SP T4 .81 that was on it previously.

We're literally just beginning to see the start of how great this little turbo is. With that said, Precision doesn't even make a twin scroll housing for these turbos so your twin scroll dreams for this turbo is moot.
How about the Shearer fabrication 6262 twin scroll coming soon? Lol
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:47 AM

Why do you want twin scroll so bad?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ITS n STI
Why do you want twin scroll so bad?
You know we cannot rev that high , I just want a nice power band.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:01 AM

3250rpm worth of powerband isnt enough? haha
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

how about GT3076r
its quite impressive on the GTR
Old Jan 30, 2009, 02:21 PM
Account Disabled

I am going to sell a kidney and buy the full- race. T4 kit.
for a subaru, nothing will come close to the performance youll get from our twinscroll T4 kit. that kit works better on a subaru than any other application we've ever tested. Also, if you want to save some money on the kit, order our gen2 subaru twinscroll kit with tial MVS wastegates and our gen2 downpipe - same performance, less $$
Old Jan 30, 2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
for a subaru, nothing will come close to the performance youll get from our twinscroll T4 kit. that kit works better on a subaru than any other application we've ever tested. Also, if you want to save some money on the kit, order our gen2 subaru twinscroll kit with tial MVS wastegates and our gen2 downpipe - same performance, less $$
Geoff are these guys right about what they are saying about T3 TS setups being crappy especially if you are using a TS T3 housing .83 and up with a TS exh mani?

Quick Reply: T3 Twin scroll turbo?