Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bosch 1000cc injectors on an Evo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm done helping. post deleted

Last edited by dan l; May 6, 2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dan l
Thanks Ted,

In case anybody is wondering the "hot start" issues that I had on other brands of injectors has disappeared with the new Bosch units. I used to have issues when I would drive my car for an hour or so and go into the store for 15 mins. Come out and the car would crank, crank, and crank for 6-7 seconds until it got all blubbery and finally started. This problem was only on gasolene and never posed a problem with E85. I've been told that this is actually a fuel temperature issue, which may play a role. I did not have this problem on stock injectors. I had it on after market ones though. The Bosch units do not exhibit this problem on gasolene.
We've had that warm start issue with injectors as well. We've sold four sets of the exact same injectors in the same week and one set would exhibit this behavior. Swapping the set out for another set of the same injectors would fix this. I wouldn't blame all "other" aftermarket injectors of having this issue, rather, a few bad apples in the same batch.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:54 PM
Account Disabled

Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:56 PM
Account Disabled

My friend and I exhibited the same issues on a certain style. Maybe its isolated but it struck 100% on both our cars.
Maybe the QC on that particular make isn't as good as the others?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 03:04 PM
Account Disabled

Old Feb 26, 2009, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

So I did not have to hack up my harness I did the very same thing to bypass my resistor box. Cut the tail with connector off an extra resistor box I had laying around... cut the wires down to just enough length. Took a little bit of soldering of the 5 wires and a piece of heat shrink. Done.

As for the counterfit ID 1000's... here is a link to the thread on honda-tech where it all started and came to light that someone was selling knockoffs. http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2496333

So if your buying these injectors make SURE you are getting Injector Dynamics Bosch 1000's from a reliable vendor.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:00 PM
Account Disabled

Last edited by dan l; May 6, 2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Every ID injector is serial numbered already, just by hand right now.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, here's some really good reading, check it out.

http://www.injectordynamics.com/dyna...erization.html
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Some people have asked about how to bypass the resistor pack. Simply take an old 1g or 2g DSM resistor pack and cut the plug off. You'll have 4 black wires and 1 white wire. Solder all 5 of these together and insulate. AFTER you have pulled the plugs to the low impedance injectors you can plug in your bypass plug. This way you don't have to disturb the factory wiring. You'll also save roughly a pound removing the resistor box.
So I'm assuming that the white is the supply and that the 4 blacks are the resisted power lead to each injector?

and that the resistor "pack" was just resisting to each of the blacks and had nothing to do with distribution to a specific injector???

and this is just any easy way of shorting them all together (so that i could use something different if i needed) so that there is no logner resistance to any of them when the signal requests an injector to be fired????

Last edited by evodood; Apr 26, 2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

^^^Bump for answers
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
When I was checking out these injectors, I looked at what needed to be done with the resistor pack. There is no way to run a short around the resistors. The simplest solution is to buy another resistor pack, cut off the resistors, and strip/twist/solder/insulate all five wires coming off the plug.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I think I found the pins that are used in the factory injector resistor plug. I plan on simply depinning the stock connector and building a new jumper with the correct pins. I'll post up when I receive them to verify they are the correct pins.

A subaru guy I work with has them and they run like stock 550s this convinced me of them I got a set of this on the way from T1. I'm going to team these up with a walbro intank to Bosch 044 external pump setup and jack the base pressure up around 90 psi.

I've always been a fan of little injectors and high fuel pressure. They run so much better. I've always ran stock and FIC injectors around 65 psi base fuel pressure.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
When I was checking out these injectors, I looked at what needed to be done with the resistor pack. There is no way to run a short around the resistors. The simplest solution is to buy another resistor pack, cut off the resistors, and strip/twist/solder/insulate all five wires coming off the plug.

Yeah that's what I meant by "shorting them all together" thanks for clarifing

Last edited by evodood; Apr 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
I think I found the pins that are used in the factory injector resistor plug. I plan on simply depinning the stock connector and building a new jumper with the correct pins. I'll post up when I receive them to verify they are the correct pins.

A subaru guy I work with has them and they run like stock 550s this convinced me of them I got a set of this on the way from T1. I'm going to team these up with a walbro intank to Bosch 044 external pump setup and jack the base pressure up around 90 psi.

I've always been a fan of little injectors and high fuel pressure. They run so much better. I've always ran stock and FIC injectors around 65 psi base fuel pressure.
I run them as well - they drive amazing, idle better than stock imo. I plan on eventually adding a second pump and jacking the fuel pressure as well, I am at 91-92% on e85 currently on them. They are really easy to tune and dial in as well, im 100% satisfied with them.

I figure these will be the last injectors I will ever own.........FINALLY.

Quick Reply: Bosch 1000cc injectors on an Evo