Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo ECU Reset after Clutch Upgrade..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo ECU Reset after Clutch Upgrade..

Ok i just put a stage 3 clutch in my 05 Evo 8.. After i put it all back together My Ecu is all messed up... It has reset but it is still being stupid.. all three of the Ceramic,Gravel, and snow lights are on. My Check Engine Light is on and gas millage is ****... To make it easy it is running like hell right now... Anyone Know what i need to do?? also with the new clutch in it kinda shatters at a take off. is this becuase it is new and is not broke in yet? any help would be great..
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Did you bleed the ACD pump after you did the clutch job? IF not, that's why your ACD lights are on, hopefully you didnt destroy the pump.

Check the codes to see what the CEL is about. Also you could check the obvious... boost leaks, etc.

Your describing clutch chatter, different clutch materials / design have differing amounts of chatter. A puck/paddle style clutch will have more chatter than a single disc style clutch.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; Feb 2, 2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

yah i will check that... as for the clutch it is a 6 puck.. i heard it takes a little breaking in for the chatter to stop... how do i break the clutch in the right way?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Keep your rpms below 5K and no launching for 500 or so clutch engagements. City driving is the ticket. Alot of peole recommend 500 miles but if the majority of your miles are highway then that may not be enough. A puck style clutch's engagement is going to be rougher than a single disc, combine that with a lightweight flywheel and your going to have some chatter. It will probably get a little better but I wouldnt expect major miracles.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

how do u reset the ecu
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See here for answers.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ats-issue.html
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marinejensen
how do u reset the ecu
Reset ECU : Remove battery terminal and put it back on. For the engine ECU you can just remove the 20amp fuse closest to the front of the car in the underhood fuse box instead.

Check Engine Light : Autozone, they can read your code for free, search the OBD2 code when you get it.

3 ACD lights : Did you/they bleed the ACD system after installing the new clutch? You have to bleed the ACD after changing the clutch if you took the banjo bolt off to get at the last transfercase bolt.