Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

stm oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stm oil cooler

alright guys i did my search https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-choices.html, and its not enough info about it so who ever bought stm oil cooler kit i want your opinion/comment if these is a best buy for its money or not,compared to oem oil cooler that cost more for just the oil cooler itself.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

????...
Old Feb 3, 2009, 02:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trying searching the review forum, I believe that their oil cooler is a pretty new product they released so it might not have been looked at yet. STM makes great stuff BTW.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

if they did have reviews it would of show when i did a search,it got to be someone here who bought it but probally afraid to say something if its good or bad...
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

I haven't tried the STM oil cooler. I replaced mine with a B & M oil cooler with stainless lines/aeroquip/earls fittings for around $300. The B & M oil cooler has a 3 inch fan built into it. All you need is some stand offs to extend the oil cooler forwards so the fender liner will clear the fan. I have a link to our local minnesota forum that I can give you for the exact parts, etc. PM me if you need some help.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whoang40
I haven't tried the STM oil cooler. I replaced mine with a B & M oil cooler with stainless lines/aeroquip/earls fittings for around $300. The B & M oil cooler has a 3 inch fan built into it. All you need is some stand offs to extend the oil cooler forwards so the fender liner will clear the fan. I have a link to our local minnesota forum that I can give you for the exact parts, etc. PM me if you need some help.
whats the difference between stm oil cooler(b&M)and the one you using be sides the built in fan?btw pm me the link for the exact parts i need the to make it fit,i probally go to the same route you doing just because of the built fan
Old Feb 4, 2009, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went ahead and bought a STM oil cooler kit...ill keep you updated as I will be installing it in the next few weeks...awesome price.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tribal
I went ahead and bought a STM oil cooler kit...ill keep you updated as I will be installing it in the next few weeks...awesome price.
please do bro...
Old Feb 6, 2009, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

I just purchased one, dont know when its getting here because no shipping info for some reason, but I am sure it will be here soon. I will post you on install and such.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DIDYSIS
I just purchased one, dont know when its getting here because no shipping info for some reason, but I am sure it will be here soon. I will post you on install and such.
thanks alot ,anymore guys?...if the stm is worth for its money i'll probally get me one but i need some opinion or personal reviews about it.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

alright bump for any thought or opinion
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

I should get mine on Monday, will post pics of everything and give you all a report.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLUE EVO702
whats the difference between stm oil cooler(b&M)and the one you using be sides the built in fan?btw pm me the link for the exact parts i need the to make it fit,i probally go to the same route you doing just because of the built fan
I sent you a PM with my setup. Hope that helps.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Just got my oil cooler today and here are the Pics and such. At first look it looked a little small but after looking at the old I could tell that they are about the same size, I mostly wanted this kit because I didn't want to bother going through all the work to find all the fittings and such that I would need. The kit looks good. Only thing I noticed is that my BM cooler they sent is squished at the top, you can see in the pic. Right side is not even. I don't think its a big deal. If I was going to be looking at it every time I drove my car it would drive me crazy but since its going to be hidden away its not major. Over all everything looks good. The fittings look to be spot on. Wont know till install, Hose is just hose looks good and feel it should be plenty for the install. So only little complaint would be the cooler being a little off so my rating of everything this far would be a 9 out of 10 Thanks STM
Attached Thumbnails stm oil cooler-dscn0372.jpg   stm oil cooler-dscn0373.jpg   stm oil cooler-dscn0374.jpg  
Old Mar 6, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Huge update

STM OIL COOLER works on the EVO all fittings good install was easy so far,. KEVIN

Last edited by DIDYSIS; Dec 4, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Quick Reply: stm oil cooler