Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing begins "Project White" a wicked street build.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
No, I have no attempted to personally tune a high HP EVO on the stcck ECU. This project will be my first attempt at a fairly high strung application.
thats pretty cool. cant wait for the numbers... hopefully you'll exceed your expectations with the stock ecu... that would only be better for us using the stock ecu....
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

David, you should give some of us a chance and keep it on the stock ecu for the shootout!! Although we have a similar build going on right now! The 2nd place car last year should be a good run for the top this year, if Tom stays with the big boy!! LOL
Old Mar 1, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpoolnupTuning
David, you should give some of us a chance and keep it on the stock ecu for the shootout!! Although we have a similar build going on right now! The 2nd place car last year should be a good run for the top this year, if Tom stays with the big boy!! LOL
I would have had second place no problem last year if I hadn't f'd up my launch (which usually never happens).
Old Mar 1, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I have been thinking about this tuning and the stock ECU. I rarely if ever remember tuning any cars on the stock ECU with more than a red on them and that is a rare occurance. I think maybe I don't give myself enough credit the more I think about it. Just Friday I tuned a car with stock injectors, stock turbo (EVO8), our Stages 1-3 with HKS 280's. It ran great and made 345 whp on our dyno on 93 octane at only 24 psi. That is 375'ish on a Dynojet and plenty of power to run well into the 11's.

This is going to be an interesting project. This week should see major progress on it.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

I have been thinking about this tuning and the stock ECU. I rarely if ever remember tuning any cars on the stock ECU with more than a red on them and that is a rare occurance. I think maybe I don't give myself enough credit the more I think about it. Just Friday I tuned a car with stock injectors, stock turbo (EVO8), our Stages 1-3 with HKS 280's. It ran great and made 345 whp on our dyno on 93 octane at only 24 psi. That is 375'ish on a Dynojet and plenty of power to run well into the 11's.

This is going to be an interesting project. This week should see major progress on it.

Tuning the stock ECU has shown to have a world of potential and I couldnt be happier that you are now going to be there in the forefront. All the work you have done and continue to do for this community has kept me a customer since your wife was answering the phone at Buschurs many years ago.
Good luck with this project
Old Mar 2, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting project David, best of luck with it!

If you need any assistance if the stock ECU doesn't bend to your will, shoot me a PM or post in the Ecuflash section, I don't want anything in return. I can help you remove the 380 load limit, fully tune the knock control, remove the MAF sensor, datalog faster, map the fuel and timing with the engine running. All these have been my personal projects, aimed at removing all OEM ECU limitations. Some may need conversion work to your particular ECU model number, some is ready to go. Let me know what, if any, you need, and I'll do my best to help.

Only some have put the right parts with the best that the stock ECU can offer. I suspect you'll be able to progress the art further.

Last edited by jcsbanks; Mar 2, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^^ One of the guys making the stock ECU incredible. I can vouch for that!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

jcsbanks, thank you for the offer, you might just get a PM

To the rest of you thanks for the support and interest in this project, I hope it starts moving again soon!!!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

sweet looking car........thanks for taking the time to share with us!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:19 AM
Evolved Member

david!! i cant wait for the progress of the works on this specific project...i have used so many of your parts in a few cars that i have helped building locally..and i just recently installed your 2.3L on an HTA35R...and let me tell you that it made the day to day drivablity much much nicer..really no lag what so ever!! (coming from an HTA35 + 2.0L)

anyhow my new evo has almost an exact mod list to what you have (minus the 2.3 and head..which i hope to order in april) and i am really looking forward to the results.

but make it quick..coz i cant wait no longer hahahah

goodluck
Moosa
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

jcsbanks, thank you for the offer, you might just get a PM

To the rest of you thanks for the support and interest in this project, I hope it starts moving again soon!!!

Please do that that offer! A lot of us from the ECUFlash Forum would most likley love to see a stock ECU flex it's muscle with a well built motor like this one. It would be cool to see the "ECUFlash" community take part in seeing exactly what a motor such as this can do...
Old Mar 5, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updates David? I'm very excited to see how your tuning with the stock ECU turns out. We got a gas station 1 mile from my house with E85! When I get back from my cruise Ill be pulling the engine and getting to work.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like it would be an excellent road race car, killer torque and plenty of top end power to send most cars crying, i like it!!!
Old Mar 6, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

The engine is mostly finished up now. Missing a lot of misc. bolts and such for it and they are coming in.

Front of engine, as you can see, short a few parts, on order and will be here next week.

New Apexi S1 suspension, front.

New Apexi S1 suspension, rear.

The new S1's are super nice. Light too.
The fronts came in at 15.2 pounds.
The rears were 10.3 pounds pounds.
Improved dampening for US roads and 20 way adjustable.
45 MM diameter pistons.
Independent ride height adjustability.
These are also rebuildable through Apexi.

Looking forward to driving the car on them for a full review.

Last edited by David Buschur; Mar 13, 2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

New Apexi S1 suspension, front.

New Apexi S1 suspension, rear.

The new S1's are super nice. Light too. The fronts came in at 15.2 and the rears were 10.3 pounds. Improved dampening for US roads and 20 way adjustable. Looking forward to driving the car on them for a full review.
What spring rates are you running on those bad boys?

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing begins "Project White" a wicked street build.