Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing begins "Project White" a wicked street build.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2009 | 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

I am not talking about the stand alone until it is in my hand, sorry.
Old Mar 25, 2009 | 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Dave I gotta hand it to you, you made alot more power with my car on stock ecu than I thought was possible. Thank you for the awesome stock ecu tune last week
Old Mar 25, 2009 | 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

rcgoff2, thank you very much! The cars that have been leaving the shop in the last few months on the stock ECU have for sure been making some killer power, power I wasn't making a year ago.

**Also, I updated the first post in the thread with some changes I have made.
Old Mar 25, 2009 | 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I am not talking about the stand alone until it is in my hand, sorry.
No problem.

I wasn't really trying to get the information on the standalone you might be using; I was just running down the possiblities as to what it could be.

Keep up the good work, and EVOM updated on this build .
Old Mar 25, 2009 | 06:07 PM
Account Disabled

I'll second Dave making great power on the stock ECU. I had him tune my 03 RR with the Buschur Stages/ BFIC/ HKS 280/280 on stock injectors and it made 340 something on his mustang dyno before the injector ran out.

Dave I remember you telling me that my setup would be too tough to tune, but in the end you did a great job. I definitely think it was a confidence issue before, however you definitely have pulled through and were able to tune some high power evos on the stock ECU.
Old Mar 25, 2009 | 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks thedream, I appreciate that.

I agree with a lot of these guys that it is time for me to actually push it though and make some big power. There was a time if I made 300 whp on a flash I was happy as hell. I had a difficult time getting the cars to idle etc. Now the cars run good and make well over 300 whp without a problem. For reference to people thinking "300 whp, who cares, that nothing." On our dyno 300+ whp is enough power to put an EVO into the 11's. 370 whp is low/mid 11's at about 124 mph.

I would like to tune this car on the red, on E85 and on the stock ECU and see some crazy numbers. The wiring issues have me bothered to say the least and it is really easier to put a stand alone on.

Let's be patient and see if the harness shows up before the stand alone.
Old Mar 25, 2009 | 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

My car went 10.90 on the stock ECU and a flash and a stockish turbo! BR really made some good power on my car last year.

I'm really hoping you stick with the stock ECU. I will be sending you a email tonight if not tomorrow to talk about a few things! AEM EMS might still be out of my budget for what I want to do this year. So if..and if...things fall through and AEM EMS goes on your car I'd be willing to let us push the limits of E85 and the stock ECU on my car. I'll talk to you soon!

BTW the turbo blanket is nice!
Old Mar 25, 2009 | 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome work David. I'm very excited to see this thing in action, with or without the stock ECU.

BTW, I know of a local car you can use that has a virgin harness and is still running the stock ECU/MAS. All you need to do is drop that motor/turbo setup in and she what she can do

I can drop it off sometime this week as long as everything stays after you are done.
Old Mar 26, 2009 | 01:54 AM
Evolving Member

man i really hope that the harness turns up quik smart.... i really want to see a buschur monster on a stock ECU..... like said previous, no real big shop has gone all out on a stock ECU so lets hope this one pulls thru....

who knows a guy at the shipping company thats sending this harness so we can get this thing in b4 the standalone???
Old Mar 26, 2009 | 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

The harness was shipped yesterday, I'll have it early next week. Looks like the stock ECU will go on after all. Butt connectors here I come! haha
Old Mar 26, 2009 | 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Could be Vi-pec as well. Will be interesting to see what Dave tries.

Autronic just released their knock board for the Evo SM4 PnP board. It's supposed to be pretty fancy.

Ooops edit I see we are back on track with stock ECU. Latencies, fuel trims and false knock here we come!
Old Mar 26, 2009 | 08:08 AM
Former Sponsor

The harness was shipped yesterday, I'll have it early next week. Looks like the stock ECU will go on after all. Butt connectors here I come! haha
I'll give you a hand putting the new harness in. I have some electrical tape and zip ties.

We'll hook it up!
Old Mar 26, 2009 | 08:16 AM
EvoM Moderator

Hahhaa, yay! Make sure you use the ones with the nice heat-shrink ends on them:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...TOKEN=46095458
(part number 095-912)

Wrapped under a bit of tech-flex or the stock plastic shielding, you'd never know they're there
Old Mar 26, 2009 | 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks thedream, I appreciate that.

I agree with a lot of these guys that it is time for me to actually push it though and make some big power. There was a time if I made 300 whp on a flash I was happy as hell. I had a difficult time getting the cars to idle etc. Now the cars run good and make well over 300 whp without a problem. For reference to people thinking "300 whp, who cares, that nothing." On our dyno 300+ whp is enough power to put an EVO into the 11's. 370 whp is low/mid 11's at about 124 mph.

I would like to tune this car on the red, on E85 and on the stock ECU and see some crazy numbers. The wiring issues have me bothered to say the least and it is really easier to put a stand alone on.

Let's be patient and see if the harness shows up before the stand alone.
David tuned my IX last year with catless TBE, SS O2, UICP, MBC, walbro, and BR intake filter and I made 320whp (93 octane) on their dyno, stock ECU. I plan to be back this year with FMIC, LICP, P&P Exhaust Mani, Ported IM and 65mm TB. Maybe some injectors and E85 too. Very happy with the results last year and I'm sure I'll like what he does on the stock ECU this year with the new mods.
Old Mar 26, 2009 | 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

What's cool about Buschur stepping up their game with the stock ECU is that it removes an expensive component from a typical high power build. That saves the customer at least $2000 right up front.

Then there are the nice things like OBDII, emissions compliance, great cold starting, rock solid reliability, and knock control with millions of dollars of OEM development and multiple patents behind it.

It takes some time to understand and correctly use all the new stock ECU tricks, especially for all the different ROM ID's. But, for a shop it's in their best interest to utilize the ECU that's already in the customers car.

Last edited by jid2; Mar 26, 2009 at 03:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing begins "Project White" a wicked street build.