Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing begins "Project White" a wicked street build.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jid2
What's cool about Buschur stepping up their game with the stock ECU is that it removes an expensive component from a typical high power build. That saves the customer at least $2000 right up front.

Then there are the nice things like OBDII, emissions compliance, great cold starting, rock solid reliability, and knock control with millions of dollars of OEM development and multiple patents behind it.

It takes some time to understand and correctly use all the new stock ECU tricks, especially for all the different ROM ID's. But, for a shop it's in their best interest to utilize the ECU that's already in the customers car.
I agree 100%!!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
stock ecu
Old Mar 26, 2009, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
ibauclaplaya, thank you for the comments, they are much appreciated. It's funny because I generally just tune the stock ECU's and don't make any big deal out of it. There was a time when I wouldn't touch one. Back when tuning the stock ECU was very popular Al from Dynoflash was making trips to our shop on about a bi-monthly basis with a full schedule of tuning for a few days. With the open source software and many people doing their own tuning and putting tuning software in a lot more people's hands his trips were cut down to nothing. Now it is only 2-3 times a year. I was kind of forced into learning to do it myself. I was lucky enough to have Al supply me with base maps for all our Stages and in the beginning I just loaded them in cars and did a quick double check of the AFR's and that was it. With the software improvements that have come out I have been able to make changes to the tuning that has helped a lot with idle and other problems associated with larger injectors and cams and such. Now that the software has improved it has definetely made the tuning easier and actually enjoyable.

I have a ton to learn to get this car to make anywhere near my goals on the stock ECU.

As for saving $2,000 on a build, that's one way to look at it, a stand alone though I do not believe can be out performed by the stock ECU, the internal logging is extremely valuable and as for the knock control, the AEM's knock control has NEVER let me down.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

I have a ton to learn to get this car to make anywhere near my goals on the stock ECU.

As for saving $2,000 on a build, that's one way to look at it, a stand alone though I do not believe can be out performed by the stock ECU, the internal logging is extremely valuable and as for the knock control, the AEM's knock control has NEVER let me down.
It may not be the best on the market but the stock ecu appears to be edging closer and closer to aftermarket ecu potential. The speed density setup on the stock ecu with an increased load limit is very promising.

The one thing it does seem to lack is a table size that would be more adequate for really high horsepower cars
Old Mar 27, 2009, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

i dare say that logging "pc less" will be available eventually if not sooner
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Worked on the car a little again today. The factory MAF is installed. I repaired, soldered all the MAF and MAP wiring. I also got all the clips in from the dealer finally to put the tin shield and insulation back on the hood.

My to do list:
Install the exhaust
Install the factory MAP sensor
Fix/replace the factory negative battery cable (also cut off)
Plug all the factory wires in
Make wire clips for all the factory connectors (everyone of them is missing)
Bleed the brakes
Bleed the clutch
Route hoses for boost control, FPR, BOV and catch can
Alignment and corner scaling
Finish fuel system

I believe that is everything left to do to the car. It's mostly small crap. If I had the fuel system components I'd be in a bigger hurry, next week........

I have to get the car done now. The Genesis Coupe showed up today, Jarrod got his, that is going to be a BIG new project.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Just curious, is there a reason why the previous owner cut everything?
Old Mar 28, 2009, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe the engine was stolen?

That would lead to why he said he received it without the engine in.. and it has such low mileage?

Nothing wrong with finding a deal on a car like this, probably a killer deal for what will be a project build anyways.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

I'd guess some of it was cut preparing for a stand alone, we'd do the same thing, I just didn't realize it was done. Not sure why the negative battery cable is cut off.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe he was thinking positively^ haha I'm sorry its late. Keep up the good work Dave looking forward to seeing this in August.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Dave are you going to use a jdm or evo x map sensor so you'll be able to log boost and even use ecu controlled boost ?

Just curious are far as your going to go with the stock ecu. Right now there is so much have you just been keeping up with it all and have a rom already mod'd with the options we now have ?

There Tehpra's new V6 with No lift to Shift, Knock Cel, Alt Maps, Speed Density by Jcsbanks. Nevermind all the other different mods we have for different roms.

Just curious as far as your going to take it.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

I will not use ECU controlled boost, I'm a huge fan/supporter of a good manual boost controller. I would like to log the boost though so the JDM map sensor or EVOX map sensor are possible.

I have no kept up on anything that is available for the stock ECU other than just keeping updated on the new software as it comes out, open source stuff. The alternate mapping using a toggle switch interesting, speed density is definetely interesting.

To start I will probably just tune the car with what I have available and see how far I can go. My biggest thing will be turning off some CEL's.

I can't wait to get started on it.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 06:08 AM

nice work. wish i had the funds to let you guys hook up my car. can anyone say second job? lol keep up the good work.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

They have the 3d mut table and a periphery tab for ecuflash now that with the know hex codes your able to turn off the egr, evap, and rear o2.

Once you turn off the rear o2 you can use its adc input to tie in a wideband for a better simulated narrowband for maximizing fuel economy and you can log the wb in evo scan through it also.

While speed density is as easy as tapping the intake manifold for a gm iat sensor which you do all the time Im sure. Then you tie it into the fuel temp wire from the ecu and go with jcsbanks speed density patch and mr.freds mat logging patch.

Heres a few links I got nothing to do today so screw it.

4 Bar Map Sensor you'll most likely need and its PnP

Logging Boost with JDM Map Sensor. This will work with the Omni just need to change the scaling.

JcsBanks Speed Density Links

Easy Speed Density. Might be easier for some probably not you to start with this. This is after you have mod'd your rom and installed all speed density necessity's. Its just a way to tune your VE setting easier.

Rescaling MAF. This will make tuning injectors much easier and needed for speed density to be on the same page.

Periphery Bits. This is for the Evap, EGR, and Rear o2 sensor.

Well hope I didnt clog up your thread thought Id try to get it all in one place. Ive searched for all the stuff so many re doing rom's from losing laptop's.

Last edited by Evo8Emperor; Mar 29, 2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I will not use ECU controlled boost, I'm a huge fan/supporter of a good manual boost controller. I would like to log the boost though so the JDM map sensor or EVOX map sensor are possible.

I have no kept up on anything that is available for the stock ECU other than just keeping updated on the new software as it comes out, open source stuff. The alternate mapping using a toggle switch interesting, speed density is definetely interesting.

To start I will probably just tune the car with what I have available and see how far I can go. My biggest thing will be turning off some CEL's.

I can't wait to get started on it.
You may want to make a sister thread in the Ecuflash forum if you need help setting up the ECU to speed denisty and so forth.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing begins "Project White" a wicked street build.