Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing begins "Project White" a wicked street build.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all i cna say is wow 800 miles on an 03 dam i wish i could do that and have alot of fun with the project i cant wait to see the finished product
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks David. I also pmed you. Also, great built! Its going to be a beast!!

Why did you chose to go with a different stroker setup than your typical 2.3 off of the shelf? Is it because you have more money to play with in this build or just want to try a different combination?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
damn...beautiful car and awesome build...looking forward to reading more about it...
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The difference in this build and our typical stroker is simply the compression ratio I am running in it for the E85. No other changes.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by althemean
In the interest of legality...I would say run a 100cell HFC. Is 10-15 HP really that important? Considering that you want a true street legal car. Just an idea.
Last time I checked, a test pipe was worth only around 5whp and 13tq regarding the results Bryan @ GST got on a stock-based turbo using our cat (due mostly to the ability to run more boost up top without knock). Spool up was nearly identical.

BTW, I always love to see engines being built
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

That is a very low power loss with a cat. I'd be interested in trying one of them if they flow that good. My guess is though with the red, the 2.3, the E85 and the power this is going to make my HP/TQ guess is going to not be far off. I could certainly be wrong though. Shoot me a PM with a price on a cat, please.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
That is a very low power loss with a cat. I'd be interested in trying one of them if they flow that good. My guess is though with the red, the 2.3, the E85 and the power this is going to make my HP/TQ guess is going to not be far off. I could certainly be wrong though. Shoot me a PM with a price on a cat, please.
Pm sent.

We would love to be a part of this project Dave.

We are confident that you'll be impressed with our cat should you decide to use one.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

We use Mitsubishi stock head gaskets all the time here, they will hold 60 psi of boost without issue. On this car I am going to try one of the Cosworth gaskets because we bought a few to look at after an article I read on them by Eric Hsu.

The deck surface is surface cut to the smoothest possible finish we can get with the cutter that is used. That is the best answer I can give. It is not ground, it is cut.
http://www.beyondthedyno.com/Blogs/Eric/?p=386

Article for anyone that wants to read it.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As for cleanances of any sort and bearings we use, I am not discussing the build in that much detail. This is an informative build but not a list of what to buy and how to build an engine yourself thread.
What about oil squirter clearance? That's something hardly anyone talks about on strokers....
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Nobody talks about it because most of them don't set it up right and the squirters end up broken off and in the oil pan It make me laugh to see the hack jobs I've seen on the squirters. Like I said, I do not want to get into the specs/clearances of the build. I will simply say I try to set it up so the squirter is between the crank counter weight and the piston skirt. You have to clear them both.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for posting that link of the head gasket testing. I've known Eric a long time, he's been around. Good dude.

Now that I went back and read it, it's funny he talks about the poor sealing gasket as I have found they suck too.

The stock one, as I said, has worked out excellent even at very high boost. Just thought I'd give the Cosworth a try.

We also stock them.

BTW, something I did notice. IF you are doing a .040 bore block then do not use the Cosworth, it has a slightly smaller bore diameter that does get into the bore some. The stock gasket will clear a .040 overbore.

Last edited by David Buschur; Feb 4, 2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant wait to see the numbers on this beast.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Updated the first post with more pictures of the stereo going in the car.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Everything looks good Dave,, Nice choice of products!! This thread is going to be huge i have a feeling!! Good luck!!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
This thread will win. I plan on running some of the exact same parts and might change my mind from the BR Stage 3 2.0 to the 2.3 depending on what happens with this car.

Looking forward to see more of your great work Dave.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing begins "Project White" a wicked street build.