Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fp Red Boost Creep PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does you "new" red have a single port or dual port flapper? My green and (several others I have seen) tended to creep bad in the mid range. I never got it sorted. My theory is that one style of housing creeps while the other does not. It's been too long for me to recall if I had the single or dual flapper though.

Plain and simple though, the port cannot flow enough gas to prevent the creep. A leak in one of the lines could be possible, but you said you already changed them. As could a bad wga, but you also said you replaced that so the only thing left is the waste gate port on the hot side or a restriction in the o2 housing or something not allowing the flapper over the port to open all the way.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sk8terdude929
I know you said you checked already but i would keep checking your vacuum lines and do a boost leak test. Just tripple check everything and good luck
Attachment 129007
i 2nd him do a boost leak test
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Forced Performance is telling me they think its the o2 housing because the flapper side of the o2 housing is much smaller than the flapper section of the turbo. This o2 housing worked fine before though.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stikiller214
i 2nd him do a boost leak test
But wouldn't the only lines that would make a difference in boost creep be the wastgate line and the compressor pipe (turbo nipple) line... no other leaks should cause the problem right?
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Does you "new" red have a single port or dual port flapper? My green and (several others I have seen) tended to creep bad in the mid range. I never got it sorted. My theory is that one style of housing creeps while the other does not. It's been too long for me to recall if I had the single or dual flapper though.

Plain and simple though, the port cannot flow enough gas to prevent the creep. A leak in one of the lines could be possible, but you said you already changed them. As could a bad wga, but you also said you replaced that so the only thing left is the waste gate port on the hot side or a restriction in the o2 housing or something not allowing the flapper over the port to open all the way.
There are 2 runners that go to the flapper
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mugen777
Forced Performance is telling me they think its the o2 housing because the flapper side of the o2 housing is much smaller than the flapper section of the turbo. This o2 housing worked fine before though.
Very well could be that the 02 housing is keeping the flapper from opening all the way as I mentioned in my last post. And if the last red had a different flapper it may not have interfered with the flapper on that one.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
on a smaller turbo
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Also, no need for a boost leak test, creep is not caused by a boost leak unless the leak is in one of the lines feeding the actuator.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
on a smaller turbo
I think he ment on his other red, not on the stocker
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:31 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
I think he ment on his other red, not on the stocker
gotcha, maybe he can clarify, I might have misunderstood
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

There are 2 runners that go to the flapper
just send me the red and ill send you a stock 9 turbo and call it a day It has to be in either the o2 housing or wastegate flapper! Nothing else could be your problem!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evane
vacuum line to the turbo? do you mean having a line go from the turbo straight to the wastegate? bc hes already done that
i didn't know stock turbo have a vacuum source. Also please read your post again it makes no sense
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
check where your feed for the wastegate is coming from.. make sure it is directly off the manifold and not T-body area or after a million T's..all vaccum ports are not equal lol..
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vboy425
i didn't know stock turbo have a vacuum source. Also please read your post again it makes no sense
i was confused what you meant about hooking up a vacuum source to the wastegate...and i was tryin to say that he has already ran a line from the nipple on the j-pipe coming off the turbo to the wastegate...if that was what your were tying to insinuate
Old Feb 6, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
I had the same creep issue with my Red. Turned the faka up to 30psi and away it went. It now tapers down a couple psi from 30 by 8k.

Quick Reply: Fp Red Boost Creep PLEASE HELP!!!!!!