Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need to know about a motor swap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Acebankai
Thats the thing I want to have the evo doors but don't know if they have any in coupe model....
Ok, the 2g eclipse, It used 3 different motors, the 4g64 and 4g63t, both have the transmission on the passenger side thats different from ours. The 2g did have a 420a dodge motor that did have the transmission on the drivers side like ours. The sister car, the dodge avenger, came with either the 420a and a 6g7 something that could drop right in place of the 420a. Neither of which was a good motor for hp in my opinion. Good for gas mileage. As for the doors on the evo 4,5,6, on the 4 door, you don't have to change the rear doors on the evo 4, the 5 and 6 you do, add fender flares for the rear, new front fenders, hood, bumper, headlights, side skirts, and rear bumper. The evo 4 has a shorter track than the evo 5 and 6, thus it doesn't need the wider flares in the fenders. Evo 4 is the cheapest route, to make it look like one, a new front bumper and rear add on for the rear bumper, side skirts, maybe a hood, and the body is ready to go. Thats if looks are what you are after.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im really after looks and power. I want the evo 3 look with the same power from the 4g63t... I don't know what to do. I think that the evo 3 looks a whole lot better. Do you know how hard it is to find a 4dr 95 Mirage S.... very hard