Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Has anybody here used the WOT box

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody here used the WOT box

I have a friend who has a srt4 and he told me that a lot of ppl on the srt forums have been using this wot box when they no lift shift. I would like to know does this sound like it would actually help reduce the wear and tear on the tranny when doing no lift shifting and if so can I have my tuner program my aem to basically do what the wot box does?

http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox

The No-Lift Shift feature makes no-lift shifting easy by cutting your engine's ignition for a very short period while you no-lift shift. No-lift shifting is keeping the gas down through the shifft. The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Us stock ECU guys have A NLTS patch so doubtful that you'll find many guys here using one
Old Feb 9, 2009, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Us stock ECU guys have A NLTS patch so doubtful that you'll find many guys here using one
hes right you can do it for free if you have a tactrix cable. just look up tephra patch in the ecuflash forumn there is a good writeup of how to do it.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

OP has aem though... i dont know if its an option for you..
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
OP has aem though... i dont know if its an option for you..
yes I do have aem. I just want to get feedback on the concept the wot box uses and do you guys think it will actually help reduce wear on the tranny base on how it is suppose to work.

thanks for the feedback
Old Feb 9, 2009, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

if your only doing it to reduce wear and tear on the tranny then you got the wrong priority, drag racing at all with these cars will lead to thing breaking, regardless if you prepare for it or not, they make great drag platforms but they werent designed for it

i have the NLTS patch and its different to get used to, but it doesnt change how fast a shift IMO, i shift just as fast without it
Old Feb 9, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

coming from the srt community.. that is a great product for them.. they were originally made by n2mb.. they since combined them with 2step.. buddy has on his srt.. has alot of adjustment and is deff alot easier to wot shift.. feels like butter.. as far as the evo goes.. ehh. i dunno.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

You would think the AEM has a NLTS option....
Old Feb 9, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by srtboostin22
coming from the srt community.. that is a great product for them.. they were originally made by n2mb.. they since combined them with 2step.. buddy has on his srt.. has alot of adjustment and is deff alot easier to wot shift.. feels like butter.. as far as the evo goes.. ehh. i dunno.
guess I will try it and report back
Old Feb 24, 2009, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have used the wotbox first hand..i was probably the 2nd or third person to have one on their car..i absolutely loved it. never had any problems with my tranny on my srt, and you lose very little if any boost. on my s256, i gained boost between gears. this helps cut down on et's and wear on your tranny. i never missed a gear with the wot box. it really made a huge difference. i also have a close friend with it on his evo, and absolutely loves it. says he wot shifts all the time.

i know jay (n2mb) personally. he is a great guy and this is an excellent product. one of my favorite mods. definitely worth the $ imo. can't wait to put it on the evo!
Old Feb 25, 2009, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
NLTS is a great feature. But if you want it on your EVO its free and completely configurable why pay for it
Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
NLTS is a great feature. But if you want it on your EVO its free and completely configurable why pay for it
does it do the same exact thing? you don't lose any boost between shifts? makes for cleaner and smoother shifts? also can you adjust the duration of time that it cuts ignition?

if so then i might as well sell the wot box for some extra pocket cash.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

i had the wotbox on my old srt!! and i love it!! its awesome... and NOW i have the wotbox on my Evo VIII and works perfect!!! i went to the track yesterday and i need say again: I LOVE THAT THING!!!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaymin
You would think the AEM has a NLTS option....
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ae...-nlts-ems.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ae...setup-nls.html

Last edited by hksevoix; Mar 17, 2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostKid87
does it do the same exact thing? you don't lose any boost between shifts? makes for cleaner and smoother shifts? also can you adjust the duration of time that it cuts ignition?

if so then i might as well sell the wot box for some extra pocket cash.
It drops your redline a pre-set amount (configurable) from where you are when the clutch switch is engaged. I have mine set at 800, so if I'm at 7100 and I touch my clutch pedal, my redline becomes 6300 RPM. If you shift before you fall to that point, the power comes back on as soon as you're off the clutch. If you shift slow, it will bounce on 6300 until you get off the clutch.

Quick Reply: Has anybody here used the WOT box