Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo owners with SSAUTOCHROME FMIC please Chime in on this thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evo owners with SSAUTOCHROME FMIC please Chime in on this thread

Ok, so I got the FMIC and tried to install it this weekend. I notice that the left bracket doesn't align correctly. I guess I'll have to buy some aluminum sheet and make my own. But the issue is, the bumber doesn't seem to want to go back in because it's touching the hose that connects the UICP and the intercooler. Does anyone have this issue or did you all have to cut the bumper a little to make it fit? Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
I hate to say it but you get what you pay for

sounds like putting your stocker back on and returning the current one is the best option

or hacking up your bumper which is kind of ridiculous
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have xspower fmic(i think same thing) Mine fits perfect but had to cut 3"x12" on bottom.
Oh u dont have to cut bumper, but you have to cut bottom plastic thingy(brain fart forgot what its called)
Or you can just take out middle portion of that plastic thingy
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Should have put extra $200 and get ETS.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there seem to be a bunch of different versions of the famous "ebay IC" floating around.

Not sure which version you are using but the one I had on my car bolted up to the stock pipes just fine and there was no need to cut the bumper. you sure you can't just tweak the couplers/pipes a little to make it fit?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 09:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
there seem to be a bunch of different versions of the famous "ebay IC" floating around.

Not sure which version you are using but the one I had on my car bolted up to the stock pipes just fine and there was no need to cut the bumper. you sure you can't just tweak the couplers/pipes a little to make it fit?
He prob bought a knock off of a knock off which is a pretty common practice and somewhere along the lines fitment becomes slightly variate due to lack of test fitting.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm running an eBay FMIC and had similar issues. The alignment was slightly off (about 1/4" to the left based on the center top mount), the lower brackets didn't match and the bumper doesn't align 100% perfectly due to a minor clearance issue.

On the initial install, I notched one of the brackets, but ran out of time for the other so I only had one lower bracket attached, but it held fine. Still had the bumper fitment issue though. Recently, I pulled off the IC while fabbing up a LICP and re-drilled the center support to center the IC. I also lowered it about 1/2". I was able to bend and drill the lower brackets to get them to align with the lower mounting point.

Now the bumper fits a little better too, but still not like stock. The only way I can tell is the fitment of the undertray though.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the ebay xs power fmic and it fits as good as a big intercooler would. I had no issues fitting nisei uicp and injen uicp to it. I used stock long couplers. Bumper fits perfectly...
Just try unsecuring the uicp (if it bolts down like my injen one) and twist the coupler/uicp to push the it a bit back. Elbow grease should fix your issue.