Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car sounds like a subaru :'(

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FKNBEAST
LMAO!!!

thank god it wasnt a hgasket or a rod knock or lifter, its a scary thought when you just got tuned by TurboTrx earlier that week and you had a problem...

Honestly this may just be me and my redicuous mindset but sean ivey isnt too far from TTz and is IMO a better tuner... Please dont all start a war this is just my oppinion. nothing agenst TTz
I've been tuned by Sean Ivey and he is an awesome tuner. I just feel more welcomed at TurboTrix, they have really friendly staff, no one with attitudes, reminds me of AMS. When I go to Sean Ivey, he treats me really well but his staff always act like they're pissed off and that they're going out of their way to do something for you, so that atmosphere is not too inviting...
Old Feb 26, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you got the problem fixed
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

sent the AEM out...waiting on AEM to send me back a working one
Old Mar 3, 2009, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Mine sounded like that and it turned out to be a rod bearing that slipped and ended up on top of the upper one. Good luck.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fvaldes
Mine sounded like that and it turned out to be a rod bearing that slipped and ended up on top of the upper one. Good luck.
ohh...thanks. comments like that make me feel real good about my chances...LOL
Old Mar 6, 2009, 09:52 AM

make sure you check obvious things, too but i would check your plugs and valves though
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

ok...I paid 80 bucks to ship it there overnight, they checked it and I got this email...

"Fully tested unit, passed all tests. No faults found with unit.

Your package is currently being routed to our shipping department and will ship in 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience,
AEM Support Team "

greaatt, wasted money =\...at least now I know the AEM is good, but i dunno wtf else is wrong
Old Mar 8, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

man I am sorry to hear... hope you find the problem soon
Old Mar 8, 2009, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Definitly pull every plug out and check it. My car sounded like a suby and I found out it decided to blow the plug out of the head and shred one of my coils. Not fun.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe your injector is faulty and not the ecu
Old Mar 8, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

i had the same problem, CRACKED spark plug. easy fix.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Wow I have the same problem, I'm also running a gt35r with AEM EMS. Here's the scoop:

I've had 3 different tuners tune my car thus far and it's definitely better but I still run into problems sometimes when I'm at WOT or when it starts to rain (weird i know!). Anyways... The first time around the coil dwell settings were set up wrong and I would always have the problem of my car have the EXACT SAME ISSUE. I fried two coil packs, and was getting fed up. Had another tuner fix the issue (coil dwell) and haven't really had an issue randomly like I was getting. Then I noticed a few times my coolant temps. would skyrocket when it would be raining outside. I have yet to figure out why this happens, maybe water leaking through the intake??? I have no idea....

Definitely check the coil dwell settings. That should help a ton.

I've gotten C.O.P. but haven't installed it yet because I don't know if my AEM is bad or if it's something mechanical that is wrong. But the aem box has a seal on it and if it's torn to take apart the system your warranty is voided.

I've heard of AEM systems going bad and Mitch Mckee, my local tuner who is the tuner for vividracing, also said that it truly sounds like I have a bad AEM. After hearing your problem man, I'm really curious to see what's wrong. I have the same exact problem and to be quite honest I'm getting sick and tired of the evo running like total

If you find out what the issue is being caused by, let us all know. I will be sure to do the same. Issues being the coolant temp, and subaru sound (most likely coil dwell). Hope this helped a bit!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by MTRJunior
I've been tuned by Sean Ivey and he is an awesome tuner. I just feel more welcomed at TurboTrix, they have really friendly staff, no one with attitudes, reminds me of AMS. When I go to Sean Ivey, he treats me really well but his staff always act like they're pissed off and that they're going out of their way to do something for you, so that atmosphere is not too inviting...
That might have been your experiance, i heard opposite, they built one of my friends motor and tranny and it turned out to be a nightmare, they gave his block to someone elce and built their block for him, same thing with tranny... Big mixup, honestly dosnt sound like a buisness i would like to commit money and obviously a motor to. who knows what devilish things they are up to... lol j/p but seriously...

i also have friends with nothing but good stories, i guess its an individule basis.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MTRJunior
ok...I paid 80 bucks to ship it there overnight, they checked it and I got this email...

"Fully tested unit, passed all tests. No faults found with unit.

Your package is currently being routed to our shipping department and will ship in 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience,
AEM Support Team "

greaatt, wasted money =\...at least now I know the AEM is good, but i dunno wtf else is wrong

Check it when you get it back. I bet it works when you plug it back in.

Keith
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Check it when you get it back. I bet it works when you plug it back in.

Keith
tried it, still sounds like sh*t =\

Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Car sounds like a subaru :'(