Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car sounds like a subaru :'(

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MTRJunior
tried it, still sounds like sh*t =\

Any ideas?

Since the light was telling us that the injector was not firing then I would try an injector resistor pack. Or you can bring it down here and we will look at it for you.

Keith
Old Mar 12, 2009, 01:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
here's a clip of what its sounding like...

http://www.soundlantern.com/UpdatedS....do?ToId=32388

I'll have time to take a look at it in a little bit

motor is def hurt ,,,, although i hope i am wrong

GL brother
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

It might be a bent valve. I just don't get how that'd happen if you were just driving normally. I used my 2 step and then bent a valve. Sounded like a subie
Old Mar 16, 2009, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

i called up one of my buddies and he came to take a look at the car today...it didn't take him more than 15mins to tell me that it was an electrical problem. He said the injector was not getting the 12V power connection, while all the others where. He tapped a wire from the injector to the battery real quick and told me to start it up and everything ran perfect. He didn't have too much time since it was kinda late at night but he asked me to come in here and ask you guys for a wiring diagram, he says in order for him to fix everything for me he needs to find out exactly where the 12V ignition wire from the injectors lead to/get voltage from.

Anyone willing to help out?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
replacing plugs one time and forgot to connect something and two cylinders weren't firing.. sounded exactly as you described
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

my friend found the bad wire, we all good homie!

Thanks to everyone who helped out!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so where was the bad wire? did it fix the overheating issue?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

My Car sounds like a suby 2.. I am going to check **** over tomorrow.. BUMP for a wiring diagram as I would like to check as well..

This happened after I switched coil wires back to stock one from Magnacor. I switched back and forward and nothing.. I also unplugged and plugged back in my cam sensor on the exhaust side.

I will have video later
Old Jul 6, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my friend found the bad wire, we all good homie!

Thanks to everyone who helped out!
+1 for your friend
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
i called up one of my buddies and he came to take a look at the car today...it didn't take him more than 15mins to tell me that it was an electrical problem. He said the injector was not getting the 12V power connection, while all the others where. He tapped a wire from the injector to the battery real quick and told me to start it up and everything ran perfect. He didn't have too much time since it was kinda late at night but he asked me to come in here and ask you guys for a wiring diagram, he says in order for him to fix everything for me he needs to find out exactly where the 12V ignition wire from the injectors lead to/get voltage from.

Anyone willing to help out?
hope u got him a keg?..lol, glad to hear ur issue has be resolved man! btw, did that fix ur over heating issue?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:31 PM

where was the bad wire? I think I have the same problem, my injector shows like it is only getting 8 volts.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey mtrjunior where was the bad wire? it seems like a few people have had this problem. thanks
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

It was one of the wires inside the wire loom that runs right above the engine, he just opened up the loom and looked at every wire and one of them was burned. Hope that helps
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

check ur spark plugs
Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

this was in another thread but was told to post here...
anyone help?

so ive searched and read alot of threads on here and most of them are ignition/coil issues.

almost all of them are people saying their car will sound like a wrx as if a cylinder is getting a misfire.

MY story is that I was driving and this randomly occurred. 1st-5th it will randomly happen. I'd give it gas and the car would sound like a wrx with a huge loss in power with the duration of the problem being different everytime. sometimes it would happen for 10seconds and go away. sometimes longer/shorter.

trying to figure out what this is...

this isnt happening and staying this way. i checked my coil boot on the 2 that arent under the coil packs and 1 seemed like it possibly came loose because i pushed down on it and it popped. also checked my newly installed injectors that ive had problem with the top o-rings leaking fuel and replaced them with the stock o-rings. no leaks from the injectors now. but if your looking at the engine bay my 3rd to the right injector (not sure what cylinder that is) seems like its higher out than the others but it is not leaking. my spark plugs were changed at the end of july. havent "checked" them yet.

anyone have any idea of why my car is doing this?

Quick Reply: Car sounds like a subaru :'(