Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Agency Power exhaust owners needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Agency Power exhaust owners needed

Okay I don't usually post threads but I could really use some help here. I have been through about 5 exhausts and have had my new one of for 1 day and its just too loud for me. Looking at the newer model Agency Power it has a resonator and a bigger muffler than my current exhaust (Greddy Comp TI-C). Problem is I want to see some pics of fitment. Want to make sure it tucks up nicely and hopefully fits nicely like the Greddy. I know the earlier generation ones were 3pc and had fitment issues. The newer ones are 2pc and now have a resonator. I have searched high and low and have only came up with about 2 decent pictures. So if anybody has pictures of the newer style AP exhaust preferrably on a USDM bumper post them up. Reviews would be helpful but pics appreciated most
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Anybody?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 06:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Just have an exhaust shop weld in a couple resonators or an inline muffler and that should solve your problem.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

I have already thought of that option. May be taking an 18in Vibrant resonator in there. I would really like to see pics of the Agency Power exhaust installed though.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont have pictures right now.

But the fitment with the bumper isn't great. I talked to the shop I bought it from and the owner said he has seen a few AP exhaust that have the same fitment issue, he said I just needed to drill a hole for the hanger thats on the rear crossmember to bring it to the side it needs to go.

He also said fitment with JDM bumpers is usually perfect.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Thats odd...is it the newer style or older style one? The newer one is 2pc and comes with a resonator. Looks to have much better fitment.

Anybody else have opinion/pics?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Forget about resonators. If raspiness is what you want to get rid of and/or changeing the tone slightly resonators will do the job. If you want to quiet your exhaust you have 2 options that I know exist from my personal experience.

Cobb Turbo back exhaust
or
Make your own

Also there is a 3rd option Buschur bullet center and magnaflow rear, but I never heard it in person or seen a good video clip of it to hear what it sounds like. From what I've read and other peoples opinions its a quiet exhaust setup. Unfortunately its hard for me to accept other peoples opinions on exhaust loudness for many what is considered quiet its loud for others.

If you want to modify your current exhaust make sure you put on a wide body muffler. Click on the link in my sig for what I did. You can use the same muffler I did or something similar.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5xwNiGvBPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-JTajdhFlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usnpAe2wW0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sczZlnTaTg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MHyu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MHyu...eature=related

Thats what I found in 1 minute. Third vid is the best...
Old Feb 17, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Oh trust me I have exhausted all options. I already have a Vibrant mini muffler in place of the cat to help with sound. I am not going with the Magnaflow or Buschur exhaust for the simple fact I hate the looks, same with the Cobb. I talked to David about getting his Bullet muffler in place of the cat, not sure if it would help much over what I have. How did the packing look on the bullet? Do you think it would help over my 4.5x6.5in mini muffler? I am going to Dynamat the back of the trunk and atleast add a Vibrant 18in resonator.

I was hoping to see the looks of the AP exhaust though. Its looks to be a quieter exhaust than what I have. I borrowed a friends Megan that has a similiar sized muffler and it sounded perfect. Mellow while driving but aggressive while WOT. hoping to achieve that but with the fitment of my current exhaust.

Last edited by dbsears; Feb 17, 2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
Oh trust me I have exhausted all options. I already have a Vibrant mini muffler in place of the cat to help with sound. I am not going with the Magnaflow or Buschur exhaust for the simple fact I hate the looks, same with the Cobb. I talked to David about getting his Bullet muffler in place of the cat, not sure if it would help much over what I have. How did the packing look on the bullet? Do you think it would help over my 4.5x6.5in mini muffler? I am going to Dynamat the back of the trunk and atleast add a Vibrant 18in resonator.

I was hoping to see the looks of the AP exhaust though. Its looks to be a quieter exhaust than what I have. I borrowed a friends Megan that has a similiar sized muffler and it sounded perfect. Mellow while driving but aggressive while WOT. hoping to achieve that but with the fitment of my current exhaust.
You are no where near exhausting your exhaust setup.

The vibrant mini muffler is not a muffler. Its just a widebody resonator. It's too small to have enough packing material to quiet down as much as you and I would like.

If you want quiet at the same time keeping your current setup, get the vibrant muffler and weld it at the rear. The

If you dont want to keep the current setup try the buschur 2 muffler setup.

As for the bullet muffler. Its pretty light and doesnt feel like it is packed with the same material as most mufflers. I think its packed with stainless steel wool. I'm guessing this because of how light it is and also tapping on the muffler to check for packing density. There could be other materials packed in it, but I'm going to guess stainless steel wool since its a stainless steel muffler.

What type of exhaust look are you interested in? The small tip style or JDM styel?

Last edited by BluEVOIX; Feb 17, 2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

After reading your post more carefully, you prefer the "JDM" fart can look.

Unfortunately the fart can mufflers will not do what you want unless they have tapers some place on the exhaust system or have silencers at the tips.

Corsa has this new muffler technology called RSC (Reflective Sound Cancellation).

Now why I bring this up is because their muffler is available in a round style similar to the fart can size and shape. But I am not able to find a 3" inlet diamter one. Maybe you can contact them to see if they offer as a special order or maybe a custom one they can build for you. You can use this in place of the AP muffler and weld in a 5 inch tip or what ever JDM style you prefer to keep the same JDM look.

This might give you what your looking for, a quieter normal driving and a louder aggressive WOT sound.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for your help man. As far like the fart can look, I really just prefer the titanium look. This is the exhaust I just got last week and I prefer to stick with it : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6706624-post124.html It fits super good, tucks up nicely, doesn't burn the bumper and looks very nice. Its just loud. I also currently have that vibrant mini muffler.

So far my thinking to help bring it down to moderate levels:

A. I am thinking of adding the Vibrant 18inx4in in the exhaust to help a tad. Then either throw in the Bullet muffler in place of my current mini muffler. Vibrant also makes a 6in x 14in round muffler. I think that has more internal volume which theoretically should be quieter. Not sure if I should choose that or the bullet muffler

B: Sell my exhaust and buy the Agency Power. Looking at it the larger muffler and resonator would most likely give me the sound I want. Problem is I have heard iffy results on fitment and the only thing I hate worse than droning is crappy fitting exhaust.