Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

major exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
major exhaust question

alright, im running full 3" turbo back with a n1 muffler, i only have 1 hi-flow cat, and a muffler, the hi flo helped a little bit but my car stil sound like a honda under power, and i cannot here spool as well anymore. wil installing a resinator help me out? or resinator and different muffler? also i have a baby and wife riding in the car and it gets annoying
Old Feb 16, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

I have a HKS carbon Ti 3" it is not that loud at all it has a "deeper" tone to it, I also have a little girl and the only thing my exhaust does for her is help get her to sleep lol. Is your exhaust a bolt on or did you have someone weld one up for you?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:48 PM

it was all slip together and leaked, but i had someone weld flanges on there for me, but i was planning on just changing the muffler to a hks hi power edition muffler b/c i have noitced the produce nice,deep, and not to loud sound. hoping that would help
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Resonators wont quiet the exhaust. They only slightly lower the tone and reduce raspiness.

To quiet the exhaust you would need to get another muffler. Something that quiets down more than the current one. I think widebody mufflers quiet more than round style, but maybe there is a round style muffler that has good quieting abilities out there? Unfortunately I dont know of them and its unlikely since they have less area to carry enough sound absorbing material.

Your other option would be to sound deaden the interior of the car. Now I dont have any experience with that, but I am planning on trying it out. I probably wont be using the sound system deadeners Dynamat, B-quiet, etc... But instead I found this thread http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/audio...ear-seats.html

Oh and in case you want to add a muffler, click on the link in my sig for what I did to my setup.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:45 AM

ya i just bought a vibrant muffler looks just like the hi power and i mocked it up to my current one and it sounds deeper and quieter. +1 on the sound deadner im doing that also
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JdMeVo4
I have a HKS carbon Ti 3" it is not that loud at all it has a "deeper" tone to it, I also have a little girl and the only thing my exhaust does for her is help get her to sleep lol. Is your exhaust a bolt on or did you have someone weld one up for you?
ROFL, my old TSUDO exhaust on my EG hatch used to knock my son out(as a newborn and infant), all the time.

The perrin exhaust on my EVOSIS still knocks his *** out everytime (hes 5 now)( the exaust system is awsome , deep and throaty and not ricer louc!)

if any of you plan on having or are expecting kids. The evo will be perfect for hauling around the munchkins.