Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TRE Transmissions.

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Early EVO
I talk to him almost once a week. Known him almost 20 years. He has made some changes for the six speed gear set. I don't think it will be released till summer, maybe fall. I asked him if its a for real go and will be for sale. He said absolutely. Has a lot of time and money in what he has done so far on the six speed and wants to make sure everything is correct and to his standards before releasing. That means both materials and the gearing combination.
He is busy thats for sure.

That is awesome news!!!! I'm going to start saving up for it now
Old May 22, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

count me in too. i'll be needing one of these bad boys as soon as it is released
Old May 23, 2009, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

I am very interested in this, I need a rebuild of my 6 speed and would like to make it as strong as it possibly can be. I've gone through this entire thread and seen that there is no concrete information about ANY built 6 speed here, let alone TRE's version. From what I can tell there's a whole lot of people who would like to know cold hard facts about drivability, durability, and how it stacks up against the 5 speed as far as mph and hp figures, including myself. Concrete information people, if you've got some please post it, we'll eat it up.
Old May 23, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

i have the tre 5 speed in my car. its deffinatly a lil notchy at low speeds cruising around town but it seems the higher the rpm's are the better it shifts
Old May 23, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
i have the tre 5 speed in my car. its deffinatly a lil notchy at low speeds cruising around town but it seems the higher the rpm's are the better it shifts
That's a horrible description for a review. Did you just get it? How many miles? What options did you get? What clutch do you have? What shifter do you have?
Old May 23, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NYCFJV7
I am very interested in this, I need a rebuild of my 6 speed and would like to make it as strong as it possibly can be. I've gone through this entire thread and seen that there is no concrete information about ANY built 6 speed here, let alone TRE's version. From what I can tell there's a whole lot of people who would like to know cold hard facts about drivability, durability, and how it stacks up against the 5 speed as far as mph and hp figures, including myself. Concrete information people, if you've got some please post it, we'll eat it up.
It's hard to have concrete data for us when it hasn't even come out yet. When I talked to him he was still working on the gears. He is basically done from what I was told and just making sure he was 110% on them before having people lay down a lot of money. I am sure myself and others will give detailed reviews when everything gets sorted out.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

well he sell a 3rd and 4th gearset and a final drive, or do I have to ship my tranny to him??
Old May 23, 2009, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
That's a horrible description for a review. Did you just get it? How many miles? What options did you get? What clutch do you have? What shifter do you have?
lol sry i was heading out and just put up a quick post.

I have had the 5 speed tranny installed for 4 months. I only have about 2000 miles on it due to other issues with the car being down.

I got the 2.5 exchange (with the evo 9 1st gear) which worked out really well since there was no down time.

Some say it is hard to get ahold of him but i had no problems and he was more than willing to spend time on the phone answering questions.

I have the act extreme with the street disc and prolight flywheel.

I tried a short shifter and did not like it on my stock transmission so i went back to stock shifter and that is what i am currently using for this transmission

as i stated before it shifts way better than my factory transmission did at high rpm's. at low speeds i just shift it a lil slow and it keeps it smooth. its a lil notchy. but then again what evo tranny isn't
Old May 24, 2009, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

I find my stock one really notchy but then again my shifter and clutch might have a lot to do with that. What fluid do you have? Might want to change that. I did an amsoil swap and mine was night and day.
Old May 24, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

he instructed me to use only redline MT-90 so that is the fluid i use. i flushed it out after the first 1000 miles and now currently have good fresh fluid in there
Old May 24, 2009, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

he also says amsoil is just as good and since I have tried both I can say amsoil was definitely smoother.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Any updates on the 6 speed?
Old Jun 7, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i like to know also!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

Bump!!