Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TRE Transmissions.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
This thread answers all of my prayers at once. It takes the weakest link of the MR and makes it the single strongest point. With a 4.111 gear set, trapping at 120MPH @ 8000 would be changed to 134MPH @ 8000. People with Reds or 35Rs will KILL in the 1/4 Mile not to mention, get this, 3100 RPM's at 85 MPH 6th gear.

This is it if it is true, an application killer if I ever saw one and renews my interest in my Evo 10 Fold.

How funny would it be to see MR owners who swapped in 5 Speeds going back to 6 Speeds?
this would be a dream come true for MR owners. but the chances of this actually happening seem slim; still doesn't hurt to keep dreaming.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
he has one ore month until I take my business elsewhere. Last time I talked to him he was on his way to pic up twenty gear sets from a machine shop and was going to do a group buy. This was a month ago.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geeze, I wish there was a shop in Houston to do a clean install/uninstall that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg...
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:44 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RevMoto
he has one ore month until I take my business elsewhere. Last time I talked to him he was on his way to pic up twenty gear sets from a machine shop and was going to do a group buy. This was a month ago.
I wouldn't hold your breath that's for sure.

- Bryan
Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Is there an issue going on or is it just slowness on TRE's part?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

MR 6 SPEED SOLUTIONS Andrew Tech Automotive Gaithersburg Maryland

Originally Posted by caLi4G63
this would be a dream come true for MR owners. but the chances of this actually happening seem slim; still doesn't hurt to keep dreaming.
As a former owner of an EVO MR I was unfortunate enough to break the transmission on the road course. I was very lucky that one of the top Subaru Transmission builders in the Maryland DC area maybe in the country, Andrew Tech Automotive was able to rebuild my 6 speed fairly easily back to stock specs. Like many EVO MR owners like myself not too many shops are willing to rebuild the 6 speed since it is not worth their time. When I got it back a week later It shifts perfectly like new. They were able to fix just the broken gear instead of getting a new gear set saving me a ton of dough.

Andrew Tech Automotive is also a PPG Austrailia distributor of their custom gear sets. I think PPG does offer a gear set for the 6 speed for Rally Cars but is it is very pricey. I know of another Italian company that builds gear sets for the 6 speeds for Rally Cars but I think that is a dog box.

If you broke your 6 speed and don't want to switch give them a call I am sure they don't have any issues rebuilding it or upgrading it.

http://www.andrewtechautomotive.com/

They do answer the phone there.

I hope the info helped.

Michael
Old Oct 21, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by caLi4G63
Just read this on the faq section of TRE's website:

"I have been working on the 6 speed upgrade for nearly 2 years and will be releasing the final revised gearset this winter. I've spent a great deal of time and money on this project and was hoping they would have be completed and ready this August but I'm back in school and it's taking up most of my time. None the less it will be available soon"

... so I am still dreaming about it
Old Oct 21, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

one of these years this will happen.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

^ I hope so... I would really prefer to stick with 6 gears if I could have just as strong of a built tranny as the 5 speed :P
Old Oct 22, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cul8tr
As a former owner of an EVO MR I was unfortunate enough to break the transmission on the road course. I was very lucky that one of the top Subaru Transmission builders in the Maryland DC area maybe in the country, Andrew Tech Automotive was able to rebuild my 6 speed fairly easily back to stock specs. Like many EVO MR owners like myself not too many shops are willing to rebuild the 6 speed since it is not worth their time. When I got it back a week later It shifts perfectly like new. They were able to fix just the broken gear instead of getting a new gear set saving me a ton of dough.

Andrew Tech Automotive is also a PPG Austrailia distributor of their custom gear sets. I think PPG does offer a gear set for the 6 speed for Rally Cars but is it is very pricey. I know of another Italian company that builds gear sets for the 6 speeds for Rally Cars but I think that is a dog box.

If you broke your 6 speed and don't want to switch give them a call I am sure they don't have any issues rebuilding it or upgrading it.

http://www.andrewtechautomotive.com/

They do answer the phone there.

I hope the info helped.

Michael
You can check out the gearset here:

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp...1&productid=48

It is VERY VERY expensive...like a third of the cost of the car when new

Hopefully , TRE will have released their version before my 6sp shells itself and I go a different direction.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Laxman

Hopefully , TRE will have released their version before my 6sp shells itself and I go a different direction.
whats the price on that gear set?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Laxman

You're saying this gearset is over 10 grand? That's outrageous . Also being that it says straight cut dog gears, does that mean we need a dogbox trans to run them? Not really familiar with that stuff sorry if that's a stupid question.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by NYCFJV7
You're saying this gearset is over 10 grand? That's outrageous . Also being that it says straight cut dog gears, does that mean we need a dogbox trans to run them? Not really familiar with that stuff sorry if that's a stupid question.
It's not outrageous for a full-on motorsports quality item.

That shizzle ain't cheap.

In other news, Jon at TRE let me know that the 6 speed gearset project is on hold until the end of this semester.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the update Erik
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:56 PM

Anyone have any new info on this???

Quick Reply: TRE Transmissions.