Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TRE Transmissions.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 05 MR was one of the original 6speeds to grenade 4th gear on track.

I had TRE rebuild it. It's been about 30,000 miles since and it's been working fine. About 12,000 E85 miles with 27-32psi and lots of torque.

There really is no option to make it stronger, all the work John does is just to make it last longer by fixing the things he explains in the service description.

John seems to do good work, but he takes forever and is a pita to get a hold of. Be lucky he even has a msg machine now. He had nothing before.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn.. Thanks for the info! I guess if he ever gets back to me we'll see how it goes.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63K
I spoke to Shep and he told me that they do not do much for the 6 speed, just little things maybe the REM process. I wish they did have a 6 speed Service
Why dont u switch to the 5 speed? or do u wanna keep the 6 speed and just build it obvisouly.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by evo637
My TRE stage 2 trans has been good....no issues as of yet...since the new transmission I have gone to 3 trackdays & it's great...daily driving it's a bit notchy but at the track it's smooth as butter...only using oem transmission oil as recommended by TRE/WORKS...
i had my ix 5spd rebuilt by the mitsu dealer since its still under warranty and it is still notchy from time to time on daily driving, however, i notced for 3rd gear, depending on how i shift (whether i push lever from the bottom into 3rd gear (smooth) or pull the knob into 3rd gear from the top i feel a lil notch/metal contact), did u experience the same?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Tranny fluid may change that^^^
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

BTW i was just on thier site, and read this warranty info, interesting what they are saying about racing. I guess they need to define racing, because if they are claiming that thier tranny's are capabale of withstanding 650torque, then what do they expect u to do, shift at 3000 RPM?

1 Year Limited Warranty

Team Rip Engineering, (TRE) warrants our transmissions for normal use for a period of 1 year, three hundred sixty-five (365) days from ship date to the original purchaser. This warranty does not cover parts that were not replaced during the rebuild. TRE reserves the right to examine any transmission returned for warranty claim to determine to TRE's satisfaction whether such part is defective in material or workmanship.

TRE’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing, replacing, or crediting at its option any part proven defective Damage to any parts resulting from misuse, abusive driving, improper clutch or shifter adjustment shall void this limited warranty. Final determination of the suitability of the products for the use contemplated by the buyer is the sole responsibility of the buyer. If you are racing it there is no warranty. Damage to any parts resulting from defects in material such as inclusions in the steel/Aluminum will not be covered under any warranty from us or the supplier. Any return freight charges must be prepaid by the customer. TRE shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, that might be claimed as a result of the failure of any part, including claims for delay, loss of profits, or labor.

TRE shall not be liable for any damage or injury to persons or property resulting from improper installation or misuse of any part subject to this warrantee. There is no other warranty, expressed or implied, extending beyond those set forth above. Understand that by purchasing an item or service from us you are agreeing to these terms. Every effort has been taken to insure that the transmission you have received has been built using the best parts available and assembled by highly qualified technicians. If you are experiencing any problems with your transmission do not continue to drive it and contact us immediately. In the event that you managed to cause damage to your transmission that is not covered under this warranty we will offer to make any repairs at discounted prices. We appreciate your business and take great care in our work and want happy customers.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OhsixIXBish
Tranny fluid may change that^^^
I used the BG synchroshift and it improved the drive ALOT!, its mainly occuring when the tranny is still cold. but i guess its a normal thing woth thos evos.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by detroit pistins
I used the BG synchroshift and it improved the drive ALOT!, its mainly occuring when the tranny is still cold. but i guess its a normal thing woth thos evos.
that's normal of any fluid not at operating temperature

start your car and go full throttle down the highway and let me know how your engine oil enjoys that
Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
that's normal of any fluid not at operating temperature

start your car and go full throttle down the highway and let me know how your engine oil enjoys that
I have 2 other cars that are also 5spd, how come they are smooth even when they are still cold?? So I am affraid its not normal.

FYI, warmer fluids are less viscous than colder ones, I switched to the Bg synchroshift because it was more viscous than the oem stuff.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have 2 other cars that are also 5spd, how come they are smooth even when they are still cold?? So I am affraid its not normal.
Are those other two cars AWD performance machines?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

i had my ix 5spd rebuilt by the mitsu dealer since its still under warranty and it is still notchy from time to time on daily driving, however, i notced for 3rd gear, depending on how i shift (whether i push lever from the bottom into 3rd gear (smooth) or pull the knob into 3rd gear from the top i feel a lil notch/metal contact), did u experience the same?
No problems w/ 3rd....I should have specified only notchy going from 1st to 2nd...everything else is fine.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
i have to be honest and say NO, they are ur honda/ford daily drivers.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Question, why does it matter whether if the cars are AWD or not for the tranny to be smooth? or performance especialy when iam shifting at 3k rpm?
btw, in case i sound mean in my questions, i appologize , nothing personal , iam just pissed off trying to find the actual cause/solution to this whole mitsu tranny. I wish i worked on their platform.

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

John @ TRE good guy, never had much trouble contacting him. He knows his stuff, he will get right to the point, just tell him what you want from the car and he will do his thing.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

BTW i was just on thier site, and read this warranty info, interesting what they are saying about racing. I guess they need to define racing, because if they are claiming that thier tranny's are capabale of withstanding 650torque, then what do they expect u to do, shift at 3000 RPM?

1 Year Limited Warranty

Team Rip Engineering, (TRE) warrants our transmissions for normal use for a period of 1 year, three hundred sixty-five (365) days from ship date to the original purchaser. This warranty does not cover parts that were not replaced during the rebuild. TRE reserves the right to examine any transmission returned for warranty claim to determine to TRE's satisfaction whether such part is defective in material or workmanship.

TRE’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing, replacing, or crediting at its option any part proven defective Damage to any parts resulting from misuse, abusive driving, improper clutch or shifter adjustment shall void this limited warranty. Final determination of the suitability of the products for the use contemplated by the buyer is the sole responsibility of the buyer. If you are racing it there is no warranty. Damage to any parts resulting from defects in material such as inclusions in the steel/Aluminum will not be covered under any warranty from us or the supplier. Any return freight charges must be prepaid by the customer. TRE shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, that might be claimed as a result of the failure of any part, including claims for delay, loss of profits, or labor.

TRE shall not be liable for any damage or injury to persons or property resulting from improper installation or misuse of any part subject to this warrantee. There is no other warranty, expressed or implied, extending beyond those set forth above. Understand that by purchasing an item or service from us you are agreeing to these terms. Every effort has been taken to insure that the transmission you have received has been built using the best parts available and assembled by highly qualified technicians. If you are experiencing any problems with your transmission do not continue to drive it and contact us immediately. In the event that you managed to cause damage to your transmission that is not covered under this warranty we will offer to make any repairs at discounted prices. We appreciate your business and take great care in our work and want happy customers.
They are giving you a warranty to protect against defective parts. If your racing and breaking the trans every two weeks do you really expect them to pay to fix it when you were driving improperly.

Quick Reply: TRE Transmissions.