Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

4G64 Long Rod 2.2L Build

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dsevo
I'm still trying to figure out the high idle.
Did you do anything to the Throttle Body?
**** EDIT****Oh wait, in your profile it says Ported TB.
So that means you have larger diameter Throttle Body Bore and Butterfly Plate.
If you hold your TB up to a light and look thru the bore and you can see light anywhere around the TB Butterfly Plate, then that is the cause of your high idle. ****

Last edited by Strm Trpr; Aug 13, 2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSC AND AMS are the **** love gsc s2 cams on my evo 8 sounds sick.? with gsc 2.2 motor and cnc cylinder head with a ams850r turbo how much can you rev to 8500,9000 or 9500.I ask becouse this will be my setup soon.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whats the update?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

would love to hear the final results of this build, I'm sure the OP is in Navy OCS as he stated earlier in the thread so I'm sure he has minimal time to himself now!! LOL as a career military man myself I hope he stays safe and updates us when he can.

Josh
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
DSevo update- https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...in-scroll.html

My 2.2 engine is also done and only awaiting cams. I might just put the S2s in it for the time being and get some back to back numbers while the new hawtness is getting ground. GSC cams still, but something a little more intense than S2s.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

^ make sure you make a thread
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Viciouslord
^ make sure you make a thread
Of course The only real difference is that mine will have 162mm aluminum rods vs the Manley turbo tuffs.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Actually he was last in this thread on the 13th of August and he last posted the same info from this thread in that one on the 9th of August. I was hoping he had some new numbers or information for us about his car, build, Navy OCS, whatever he cared to share. Thanks for the info you provide though JohnBradley, I look forward to reading about your build as well.

Josh
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Whoops thats what I get for not looking at the dates. I will have a full build thread with pix of pretty much everything. One or 2 things might not have got pix but for the most part its all there.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmelocik
Actually he was last in this thread on the 13th of August and he last posted the same info from this thread in that one on the 9th of August. I was hoping he had some new numbers or information for us about his car, build, Navy OCS, whatever he cared to share. Thanks for the info you provide though JohnBradley, I look forward to reading about your build as well.

Josh
No updates on the car, but if you want to hear baout NAVY OCS I have plenty to share about that, lol. All you need to know is this place sucks more than you can possibly imagine, but in the end it will all be worth it. Especially if/when I get to strap into a $50M F-18. I'm sure even a 700hp Evo won't hold a candle to that.

Luckily for the Evo, all I'm doing right now is making money and not spending it, so I will definitely play with the car when I eventually get home. I will get it back on the dyno and crank up the boost, and if all goes well have a pretty nasty setup. I appreciate your interest in my car/situation, and feel free to inquire about anything. Hope all is well on EvoM, I haven't been able to get on here much lately

Dustin
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

^ thank you for your services sir!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Dustin - Thanks for the update (and your service) ! I really have been trying to gather data on the 4g64 builds and unfortunately have not had much luck (other than two of the really big Evo guys + several local places all say don't do it)....When you did the research, did you hear anything bad about head gasket issues ? Everyone I talk to says it is impossible to keep the heads on high boost 4g64 builds...Thanks for your help
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsevo
No updates on the car, but if you want to hear baout NAVY OCS I have plenty to share about that, lol. All you need to know is this place sucks more than you can possibly imagine, but in the end it will all be worth it. Especially if/when I get to strap into a $50M F-18. I'm sure even a 700hp Evo won't hold a candle to that.

Luckily for the Evo, all I'm doing right now is making money and not spending it, so I will definitely play with the car when I eventually get home. I will get it back on the dyno and crank up the boost, and if all goes well have a pretty nasty setup. I appreciate your interest in my car/situation, and feel free to inquire about anything. Hope all is well on EvoM, I haven't been able to get on here much lately

Dustin
Hey Dustin, you should start a thread about the stuff you are experiencing at Navy OCS!!! You would probably have to put it in the off topic section but I would be interested to read about it! LOL Of course by the time you are "strapping on a $50M F-18" I'll be calling you sir but who cares. We are all people first! LOL BTW I have worked on my fair share of $50M+ aircraft. Some of these helicopters I've worked on are not cheap!

Josh

Last edited by jmelocik; Oct 15, 2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmelocik
Hey Dustin, you should start a thread about the stuff you are experiencing at Navy OCS!!! You would probably have to put it in the off topic section but I would be interested to read about it! LOL Of course by the time you are "strapping on a $50M F-18" I'll be calling you sir but who cares. We are all people first! LOL BTW I have worked on my fair share of $50M+ aircraft. Some of these helicopters I've worked on are not cheap!

Josh
I don't have the time to write about it while I'm here in Newport, RI, but I'd be happy to do it after I get commissioned. Its a pretty interesting place to say the least. The thing is, so many things are hillarious and significant if you've experienced OCS, but probably not so much to the average person. Regardless, I will make an off topic thread when I get home.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick Build man.. Wish I had the money

Quick Reply: 4G64 Long Rod 2.2L Build