Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

no idea what to do

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by l EVO n
danmm so u got +400bhp just with these mods?
Depends on the dyno...
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my experience:
- ACT gets angry when you try to shift at higher rpm's, like you'll get locked out of 2nd on 1-2.
- Exedy twin has been great to me unless you want to track your car. Unless you're going to get a hyraulic TOB with it, which I highly recommend.
- Tilton's the best performance wise.

If you go exedy, get the hydraulic TOB. It's well worth it. After having your car towed home from the track due to some pos clip, you'll understand.

I don't see how the stocker went out after 4k miles though. A friend of mine drove the crap out of his car for 20k miles before the stocker went out, it ran 12.0 in the 1/4 after putting in a ACT, so those were the power levels from an exhaust, tune, intake and mbc.

Last edited by Bggstin; Feb 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

after further research and stuff, i ended up calling a guy that i knew would be honest with me, a guy who used to do all the work on my families cars.he told me that as it stated in the repair form (that all the auto places alll use and read from) that i should have gotten a call from the delaership, asking me if i wanted to replace the pressure plate (wich is the reason for this whole problem) and i didnt. so now i ahve to go and ***** out the dealer for not asking me to do it, cause now i have to pay for 2 clutch dissasemblies just to replace 2 different parts that could have been done at the same time to save 600 bills.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What makes you think they didn't replace the pressure plate? Did the dealer tell you that?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
What makes you think they didn't replace the pressure plate? Did the dealer tell you that?
because i looked at the bill
and how much they charged me for parts and what part they charged me for.

i want to get an exedy twin disk, but i dont want the dealer to install it, and i dont know of any online companies that run a warranty on an exedy twin disk, if it does break because of somthing not my fault...
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:03 AM

can't have the cake and eat it too man. Aftermarket parts usually are not covered by OE warranty unless your local dealer approves it or the aftermarket company offers it.

If the dealer made the mistake and they're fixing it for you, then just enjoy the OEM clutch until it's gone again, at which point you can decide later what you want to upgrade to.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:12 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by d0nald
i dont know of any online companies that run a warranty on an exedy twin disk, if it does break because of somthing not my fault...
exedy warranties them not random online stores
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Depends on the dyno...
sorry im kinda new........i knw not all dynos show the exact same but can it really show more then 10awhp at that much hp?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

hey guys
sorry i havent updated, got a few PMs on what my situation is

im not going back to the dealer, im going to deal with a good friend of my, as far as the dealer goes, they can F themselves. over last week i found ANOTHER problem from the dealer. the dealer said they tuned it? i went to a guy i fround in the regional forums, and the dealership was BLOWING UP MY CAR. i was throwing somewhere around 14 counts of knock, and the boost really was up too high, i was overspinning my turbo, the dealership was planning to blow up my car, and have me pay for it. im really lucky i went to this guy, (MR Turco on these forums), or i would have been screwed. were in the process of retuning it and im saving for an exedy twin!
just ordered my spec r- springs and an AEM UEGO yesterday
everything looks like it might be comming together
Old Mar 4, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l EVO n
sorry im kinda new........i knw not all dynos show the exact same but can it really show more then 10awhp at that much hp?
from what i hear, you get different numbers on different dynos (obviously)
i was always told dynos are usually about 20-30 below
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by d0nald
hey guys
sorry i havent updated, got a few PMs on what my situation is

im not going back to the dealer, im going to deal with a good friend of my, as far as the dealer goes, they can F themselves. over last week i found ANOTHER problem from the dealer. the dealer said they tuned it? i went to a guy i fround in the regional forums, and the dealership was BLOWING UP MY CAR. i was throwing somewhere around 14 counts of knock, and the boost really was up too high, i was overspinning my turbo, the dealership was planning to blow up my car, and have me pay for it. im really lucky i went to this guy, (MR Turco on these forums), or i would have been screwed. were in the process of retuning it and im saving for an exedy twin!
just ordered my spec r- springs and an AEM UEGO yesterday
everything looks like it might be comming together
That sounds completely messed up. If this is true, you should take the evidence and report it to BBB.