Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS, English Racing 2009 Drag Evo Revamp

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2009, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very cool. you guys going to throw on your stock 9 turbo and set some records first? would be kul to see. Im glad i live in the nw. we luv you lucas
Old Mar 6, 2009, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

I am a little lost here. How did Paul's car go from making almost 1100awhp, running low 9s, etc. to being completely stripped and banged up? Last "significant" post I saw from Paul was a video summing up 2008, and there was no mention of his car being devastated, which is what it looks like from those pics. Paul must have dropped ~$75k into that car...and now it is in shambles?
Old Mar 6, 2009, 06:51 PM
Account Disabled

should be pretty sweet when your done
Old Mar 6, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Well the only thing different from when it was running is the cage, dash, motor and trans are out. Paul spent over 30k before he ever met me and went through 3 different turbo setups during the time we had it. So its like 3 rebuilds of the whole car. A car at this hp goes from running to broken very fast. Building a car at this level is one thing and keeping it going is another.

This year with a calmer approach things will last longer and be done better.

I never wanted his car to turn out the way it did. If I had the way I wanted it would be a high 9sec street car, But since it is the way it is its a very good car to play and try new new things on.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lucas English
Well the only thing different from when it was running is the cage, dash, motor and trans are out. Paul spent over 30k before he ever met me and went through 3 different turbo setups during the time we had it. So its like 3 rebuilds of the whole car. A car at this hp goes from running to broken very fast. Building a car at this level is one thing and keeping it going is another.

This year with a calmer approach things will last longer and be done better.

I never wanted his car to turn out the way it did. If I had the way I wanted it would be a high 9sec street car, But since it is the way it is its a very good car to play and try new new things on.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck post pics of the updates
Old Mar 7, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

crazy didnt see it happening... Great economy we live in.. Gl with the build
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Here is some pic's of your moded head

JR at ETS Welded the head and the pic is from my Machine shop. Had to take abotu .006 off the head to make it flat again and regrind the seats.

Some of the exhaust valves were also bent. My machine shop thinks its from heat. So our next set will be the inkell coated valves.

Last edited by Lucas English; Mar 10, 2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Turned out really well Lucas!
Old May 3, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Here are some update pics. We have been crazy busy around the shop and we have not had time to get on the car.

We got the motor and trans back in a few weeks ago and I just towed the car over to a local cage builder since he could get it done in one day and it would take us a week to do it.

Next week we are going to clean up the interior and revamp the front cross member. I am now shooting for the end of the month to make our 1st track run with the car. On the new setup.

Here are some progress pics of the car and some of our new dyno pics. I would say setting up the dyno was also one of our hold backs on Pauls car.

Old May 3, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Who did the cage?

I think that a-pillar bar is questionable for legality since it has 3 bends in it. It's also put in bending by the door bars. :/ Why the door bars weren't welded to the plate is beyond me.

Notice how the tubes don't go to the same node? The main hoop looks like it has room for days between the pillars... Did Russ do this?

Is the head the same one that Paul ran before? If so are you worried about cyclical fatigue of the head from heat and pressure?

Last edited by R/TErnie; May 3, 2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old May 3, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Well the hoop was a pre bent one that I had Art Morson do.

Well for drag I know the front will pass. There are tons of Drag cages that go around the front of dashes that have more then 3 bends.

Well with the sill bar I dont think there is any way for the door bar to make it to the plate. I think the door bar has to stay in line with the A pillar. I had him to the Sill bar on the Passenger side and a dash bar which both were not needed. I am also putting the dash back in so I wanted the A-pillar as far forward as I could so the dash did not have to get hacked up so much.

Ron Piercy Racing is who did the cage.

We are also planing on adding some bars form the A-Pillar to the front strut towers.
Old May 3, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Yes its the same head.

Marco has been doing heads like this for years on Brents 1400+hp 2g that runs 6.9@198.

Buy looking at the NHRA rule book the cage is done right and that is what the car is built for.
Old May 3, 2009, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

gonna have a couple shake down runs at pir, or mostly at woodburn?
Old May 3, 2009, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Well we are normal to loud for PIR. I am going to put a exhaust on the car so I can run at PIR.

Quick Reply: ETS, English Racing 2009 Drag Evo Revamp